• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HIPHOP AND COMICS.

53 posts in this topic

I'm just curious how many comic heads are actually hip-hop heads too? I don't have 'many' Hip-Hop friends who are into comics to, but I know they exist.

Are you one?

I'm actually an artist myself and lately i've been so inspired by comics and I'm hoping that it actually comes across in my music in the way that it's abstract. If anybody is curious they can hear my music on www.K-TAJUZ.co.uk but i'm not tryna spam at all...

"I'm trying to get my foot in like a shoe horn, cuz sometimes I feel invisible like Sue Storm, but I don't have no reason to feel Fantastic for (4)" - That's just a line from a new song I'm working on, just really liked the wordplay.

...I saw some guy on the forum with Tech N9ne in his signature and I heard some other guy mention Ghost Face (Tony Stark) on the board, so that got me curious on how the comic world perceives Hip-Hop music.

I'm more than sure there's going to be a bunch of MF DOOM fans on the board!

Sorry if i've gone on to long, lol!

I'm just curious how many comic heads are actually hip-hop heads too? I don't have 'many' Hip-Hop friends who are into comics to, but I know they exist.

Are you one?

I'm actually an artist myself and lately i've been so inspired by comics and I'm hoping that it actually comes across in my music in the way that it's abstract. If anybody is curious they can hear my music on www.K-TAJUZ.co.uk but i'm not tryna spam at all...

"I'm trying to get my foot in like a shoe horn, cuz sometimes I feel invisible like Sue Storm, but I don't have no reason to feel Fantastic for (4)" - That's just a line from a new song I'm working on, just really liked the wordplay.

...I saw some guy on the forum with Tech N9ne in his signature and I heard some other guy mention Ghost Face (Tony Stark) on the board, so that got me curious on how the comic world perceives Hip-Hop music.

I'm more than sure there's going to be a bunch of MF DOOM fans on the board!

Sorry if i've gone on to long, lol!

I had some tracks with my friend Cos who was the DJ for Trick Daddy, and Flavor Flave during flavor of love. We were supposed to have two tracks on lord tariqs "smoking gun Vol.1" But I dropped off. But I rarely used comic references. But I did do a funny remix about old school nintendo characters over the instrumental to Rick Ross- Hustler

haha, you should post it up if you get the chance bro!

That's pretty big though, shame you dropped off and didn't make Lord Tariq's tape.

I had to change my life. I already did the touring and exposure krap with my old band. I never even went back to get the mixes, and Cos is in florida now.

I also had a Siiiiick remix to an old freak nasty track. Dont start no sh&t wont be no sh*t.

Its been two years, I doubt I could write 2 bars worth spitting anymore

Yep. What kinda mess you listen too nowadays dude?

That's pretty big though, shame you dropped off and didn't make Lord Tariq's tape.

I had to change my life. I already did the touring and exposure krap with my old band. I never even went back to get the mixes, and Cos is in florida now.

I also had a Siiiiick remix to an old freak nasty track. Dont start no sh&t wont be no sh*t.

Yep. What kinda mess you listen too nowadays dude?

Metal, Hardcore, Punk, and Rap. Just havent been on the pulse with te rap. Last stuff I picked up was Hel Rells first album, and some DJ Whiteowl mix tapes.

I'm an old school rap fan: Public Enemy, SIr-Mix-A-Lot, Rakim, etc.

I'm not hip-hop head, but Eric B. and Rakim are one of my all-time favorites in any genre of music. Also, De La Soul, A Tribe Called Quest, Peter Rock and C.L. Smooth, Doug E. Fresh and Slick Rick and Digable Planets were fantastic. I actually have a moderate hatred of the current hip-hop mindset.