• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HIPHOP AND COMICS.

53 posts in this topic

The album cost us just over $2,300 to record and another $1,500 to get printed and cut. We used Andy Schilletto (Sneaker Pimps) and Jim Warren (Radiohead) to record and produce, we mucked in with the production.

Unfortunately our manager was a and took the CDs and run, and there was nothing in the contract to help us out - we were young and dumb. The tour then was self funded with a view to making back the money through ticket sales, but we didn't know they were all presales with money going to the manager yet again, we never saw a sniff of it.

We did finish the tour though to get the name around. It ultimately meant the album sold more so made the sneaky of a manager even more money. That killed it for me.

We had a similar problem. The guy never saw a penny and has had the living hell beat out of him 4 times so far. We put the word out he was a con-man. I have received emails from a few people asking for confirmation. Every time I tell them to give him a kick in the face and tell him Pat Pray For Death says hello.

I got no time for current hip hop, meaning anything from the past 10 years or so.

I still dig Run-DMC, Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five, Schooly-D, Black Sheep, Ice Cube, NWA, early Beatie Boys, early Public Enemy, Eric B & Rakim, early Nas, DMX (guilty pleasure), Latyrx, Biggie, ODB, PRT, Wise Intelligent...

I occasionally find a new track on iTunes that I enjoy, but the new hip hop all sounds the same. I'll find a song I like, and the next one makes me wonder if I already own it. Turns out it's a different song but super similar.

Lately I've been a freak for listening to the stuff I grew up on, like PE, Boogie Down Productions, Kool G Rap and DJ Polo, Ice T. It's funny, I'm a 37-year-old white dude working for Corporate America blasting old school rap on my way home from work. :lol:

Of course, I guess things never change. In high school and college, I was a white dude bobbing his head on his way to class.

I'm a hip hop head, though I love all kinds of music. Into... hmm.. Company Flow, Hieroglyphics, Non Phixion, Aceyalone, Kool Keith, Anticon, Gang Starr, Buck 65.. on and on..

Listen to my beats!!!....

www.myspace.com/crosshatch999

and

www.soundclick.com/crosshatch

I'm a hip hop head, though I love all kinds of music. Into... hmm.. Company Flow, Hieroglyphics, Non Phixion, Aceyalone, Kool Keith, Anticon, Gang Starr, Buck 65.. on and on..

and

I had pretty much given up on hip hop until I heard Del/Hiero years ago. They reminded me that there's a lot of good mess out there, I just needed to look beyond all the garbage on the surface.

Hip Hop and comics is like :wishluck:

Im sorry i missed this thread until now. Im shocked how many hip-hop heads are around here. I am hip hop till i die. Great hip hop is still being made, but i doubt youll find it on itunes, the radio or TV. Myself , i am a Wutang addict their ideology have influenced every solemn corner of my existence. If i could only give up pork :(

So we have hip-hop heads hm what do you know about the Nation of Gods and Earths...Supreme Mathematics? If you have to use google just say "nothing" :)

and

(thumbs u good taste, Last show i went to was Del/A+ , man those cats are TINY! I had to lean over to take pics with them lol

I am lucky enough to teach rap/poetry/production in Brooklyn NYC. I've done some stuff over the years, :blahblah:

I make a decent living teaching beat production; check my old myspace page out:

www.myspace.com/dlevyounglegendz

Just downloaded some old school Kool Moe Dee. Oh man, I forgot how much I got into this stuff. How Ya Like Me Now? Wild Wild West. That mess is still dope.

Guns, we don't like to use them

Unless, our enemies choose them

We prefer to fight you on like a man

And beat you down with our hands and bodyslam you at the...

Classic track.

Really nice beats bro!

I am lucky enough to teach rap/poetry/production in Brooklyn NYC. I've done some stuff over the years, :blahblah:

Really nice beats bro!

Thanks. If you need some, drop me a pm. I'd be willing to hook up a fellow boardie free of charge. (thumbs u