• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about 10's

3 posts in this topic

Is it possible to even feel confident you have a 10 before you send it in? And in your opinions, do you think a possible 10 is worth sending it in for grading regardless of which book and which era it's from? Would there be a demand for any book?

I think you'd have to be nuts to be confident about a 9.9 or 10 - it is so incredibly random which books get these über grades, and I don't believe even the strictest graders on these board could reliably predict when the lightning is going to strike & you end up with one of the Gem Mint designations.

Is it possible to even feel confident you have a 10 before you send it in?

Absolutely not. I am convinced that 10s are given out purely arbitrarily.

And in your opinions, do you think a possible 10 is worth sending it in for grading regardless of which book and which era it's from?

No. If it gets a 10, it's a valuable book no matter what it is. But the chances of getting a 10 are so miniscule that it isn't worth trying it as to all books. For example, I wouldn't submit an unopened case of X-Force #1 to try to get a 10, because even if you got a 10, the pre-grading fees alone would exceed the increased value that the 10 might get you (assuming you even get a 10).

Would there be a demand for any book?

Yes. Every CGC 10 has demand no matter what it is. The question is how much demand. That's obviously variable.