• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question on $21 Value Submissions

5 posts in this topic

Quick question on the Value tier submission CGC offers. When they list the value of the comic at $100 max are we considering Overstreet values or value once CGC gives it the grade. Example would be a nice run of Fantastic Fours in the 101-110 area. 9.2 guide says $50 in Overstreet. I would expect grades in the 9.6 area from CGC, but I could be wrong. Does this fall under the $100 max.

Also, I'm sending 30 books, if they decide 2 or 3 don't fit the tier am I suddenly in violation of the minimum 30 books needed to submit under the Value Tier?

Inquiring minds need to know, as I'm trying to beat the May 1 price change.

Which brings up the final question. After May 1, it looks like the Value Tier submission goes up to $150 max value. Am I better off just waiting a few weeks & sumitting it under that?

Thanks,

Mark

Quick question on the Value tier submission CGC offers. When they list the value of the comic at $100 max are we considering Overstreet values or value once CGC gives it the grade. Example would be a nice run of Fantastic Fours in the 101-110 area. 9.2 guide says $50 in Overstreet. I would expect grades in the 9.6 area from CGC, but I could be wrong. Does this fall under the $100 max.

Also, I'm sending 30 books, if they decide 2 or 3 don't fit the tier am I suddenly in violation of the minimum 30 books needed to submit under the Value Tier?

Inquiring minds need to know, as I'm trying to beat the May 1 price change.

Which brings up the final question. After May 1, it looks like the Value Tier submission goes up to $150 max value. Am I better off just waiting a few weeks & sumitting it under that?

Thanks,

Mark

Yes. If you've got a book or two that grade at a value substantially above $100, CGC will call you asking for the additional money for the corresponding tier.

No.

No.

I think they base the value on the book after it's been graded. GPA would probably be good reference for that.

If they decide 2 or 3 don't fit the tier, they'll probably just bump them after they've been graded. But they're not too hardcore about it. If it's borderline, they might spare you the price bump.