• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Sixers shock Orlando

103 posts in this topic

Some "Magic" going on in Florida tonight, but nothing Floridians would care for.

Philly's new A.I. shocks Orlando fans in the final seconds. :banana:

Great game, even if it's just a mirage. Stan Van Gundy sounds like he's gonna beat the dog tonight.

The 76ers got lucky. Don't get used to it. Add that to a moronic last play, and you guys get a freebie. They should have taken it inside and gone for two points, and take it to overtime. Higher shot percentage and ability to draw a foul. Instead, they decide to randomly hurl the ball in the basket's general direction and hope it goes in.

The 76ers got lucky. Don't get used to it. Add that to a moronic last play, and you guys get a freebie. They should have taken it inside and gone for two points, and take it to overtime. Higher shot percentage and ability to draw a foul. Instead, they decide to randomly hurl the ball in the basket's general direction and hope it goes in.

:roflmao:

Just in case you forgot....

:roflmao:

My Team (sixers) is such garbage and your Orlando Magic blew a 18 point lead.

Yowza!

Props to the Sixers for making the Magic pay for not being able to get it done.

I was at the game tonight. Actually work for the lighting company that does the games, so I get paid to watch the Magic play :cloud9:

Cant believe we blew a 20 pt lead. I do believe the Magic will handle the Sixers in this series though, but it kind of puts a damper on the idea of our team going deep into the playoffs.

KG has a bum knee... Lebron is a Godlike Monster, but we match up well against Cleveland, and I think we have more depth.

I predict this is just a stumble and the Magic will rebound and take this series.

In fact I believe we are going as far as the Eastern Conference Championship... :wishluck:

but not if we play like we did tonight! doh!

Lookwhoitis - You guys will be fine. Howard is too much of a load to handle.

At least you gave props and are being realistic. Not crying the blues with some sour grapes about a last-second shot when your team blew an 18 point lead in their own house.

Just DO NOT lose game 2, because that could make things hairy. You've heard the propaganda about us Philly fans? It's not all a rumor. :insane:

Game tonight was a little bit better from my side of the fence. Magic pulled it out even with Howard fouling out. I think there were some pretty crappy calls.

Courtney Lee looks like the real deal and he is the star of the playoffs already imo. Pretty impressive for the rookie.

TurkeyGlue was horrific, and we looked at times like we could give this one up too.

Sixers has a young team and they are definitely better on D than us, but we shall see.

My prediction: series goes 6 or 7 with Magic winning.

I don't get why we have Turk. He is such a spazz. He seems to make a point of taking the worst shots possible. Doesn't seem to know anything about the strategy of the game, such as running down the clock when you're up in the last several minutes of the game.

Overall, it was an okay game. I actually thought our defense was far superior to the 76s. We take way too many 3s though. The Magic are addicted to 3s.

We match up extremely well with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

I believe we also have more depth than they do. Cleveland has bronbron, who is a monster, but if you take him out of the game they got nothing.

Although we have been a little rusty out of the gate. I predict we will make the Eastern Finals, and I think we have the capacity to beat Cleveland.

I first recall hearing those types of things back in 94'. :tonofbricks: The Magic have a soft spot in my soul. I don't even watch basketball at all like I used to, but when I do I get really into it still. I was devastated when they blew it in 94' and 95'. I don't want to be let down again. :cry:

Lakers-Cavs in Finals is a done deal 2c

Nobody can challenge Lakers in West.

Only team that had chance against Cavs was Celtics and they are banged up.

CAVs beat the Lakers in 6

Lakers already beat CAVS on their own home court, the only team to do it this year (except for the final week loss they had at home).

Lakers have MUCH better shot at beating one man show called CAVS than they had against the 3 superstars in Boston last year.

We match up extremely well with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

I believe we also have more depth than they do. Cleveland has bronbron, who is a monster, but if you take him out of the game they got nothing.

Although we have been a little rusty out of the gate. I predict we will make the Eastern Finals, and I think we have the capacity to beat Cleveland.

:baiting: The reason they are so good this year is because they have so much depth with not just Lebrone.

Orlando losses in 5 games easily. (thumbs u

Lakers-Cavs in Finals is a done deal 2c

Nobody can challenge Lakers in West.

Only team that had chance against Cavs was Celtics and they are banged up.

CAVs beat the Lakers in 6

Lakers already beat CAVS on their own home court, the only team to do it this year (except for the final week loss they had at home).

Lakers have MUCH better shot at beating one man show called CAVS than they had against the 3 superstars in Boston last year.

If you have been paying any attention to the CAVs you would see pretty clearly that they have alot of depth that can shoot the lights out.

I am not saying the Lakers can't beat the CAVs, but they are def not the same team from the finals against the Spurs.

Also the CAVs should easily win the East, I am not counting out the Spurs or the Nuggets to win the west though.