• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Sixers shock Orlando

103 posts in this topic

Magic!

I think so many people love to jump on the Lebron bandwagon. He is a GREAT player. A great player on a "good" team. If Lebron ever has a cold night, the Cavs are in serious trouble. Maybe Lebron can carry the team...but I don't think so. Excluding Lebron, the Cavs are not a GREAT team.

The Magic have a GREAT center, with a great overall bench. The Magic don't have a scoring machine like Lebron, but the team is better overall. The Cavs put all of their eggs in one basket.

The Magic might have a better starting 5, but they do not have a good bench. lol at JJ Redick. The Cavs will still win the series.

What are you talkin' about? JJ Redick is very good. He is generally, reliable. He is one of our three point kings, along with Jameer Nelson, Anthony Johnson and Courtney Lee. Redick is there for a purpose, and he serves that purpose VERY well.

And, I think our bench is better. Howard and Gortat are better than Cavs Illgouskis (I don't even know how to spell his name). Cavs small lineup for long range points is NOWHERE near as good as ours. Their starting five small lineup does not touch our bench small lineup. Really, I don't even know on what basis you would say Cavs have a better bench. (shrug) I think game after game of Lebron carrying the Cavs shows that it is largely a one man operation. The Magic have no choice but to have a great bench because we have no Lebron type player.

Do you know anything about basketball ...or have you seen like 5 games this year?? Mo Williams was an All-star. Z is a 3 or 4 time all-star. JJ Redick is generally considered a terrible bust and didn't even play tonight (his own coach doesn't even trust him). The Magic bench consists of Redick, Pietrus, Gortat, Battie and Anthony Johnson. I am not sure how that star studded lineup is better than anyone's bench. I already told you I thought the Magic starting lineup was better, but I still think the Cavs are a better team and will win the series.

As Ive been saying all along, the Magic match up extremely well with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

With tonights win was are 3-1 vs them for the season.

LeBrawn is a godlike figure... but he can't do it all.

Rashard Lewis

Hedo Turkoglu

Mikael Pietrus will continue to out shoot Delonte "Thugaboo" west and Moe Willaims

Courtney Lee will CONTINUE to give inspired play that really makes him shine as one of the best rookies in the NBA this year.

Anthony Johnson will give veteran playoff experience and leadership and also spell Rafer Alston to keep him from shooting the ball himself all of the time.

Dwight Howard (and the rest of the Magic Team) will continue to close the paint off and force LeBrawn to shoot from the outside for the majority of his points.

Van Gundy will self-contain his alter ego of Captain Chaos

And the Magic will Take the Cavs... In 6 :banana:

Why is Delonte West a thug?? He went to college with your very own Jameer Nelson. He is actually a really fun loving guy and a fan favorite. If you have ever listened to/watched the Jim Rome show you might think differently of him. Not all guys covered in tats are "thugs".

Magic!

I think so many people love to jump on the Lebron bandwagon. He is a GREAT player. A great player on a "good" team. If Lebron ever has a cold night, the Cavs are in serious trouble. Maybe Lebron can carry the team...but I don't think so. Excluding Lebron, the Cavs are not a GREAT team.

The Magic have a GREAT center, with a great overall bench. The Magic don't have a scoring machine like Lebron, but the team is better overall. The Cavs put all of their eggs in one basket.

The Magic might have a better starting 5, but they do not have a good bench. lol at JJ Redick. The Cavs will still win the series.

What are you talkin' about? JJ Redick is very good. He is generally, reliable. He is one of our three point kings, along with Jameer Nelson, Anthony Johnson and Courtney Lee. Redick is there for a purpose, and he serves that purpose VERY well.

And, I think our bench is better. Howard and Gortat are better than Cavs Illgouskis (I don't even know how to spell his name). Cavs small lineup for long range points is NOWHERE near as good as ours. Their starting five small lineup does not touch our bench small lineup. Really, I don't even know on what basis you would say Cavs have a better bench. (shrug) I think game after game of Lebron carrying the Cavs shows that it is largely a one man operation. The Magic have no choice but to have a great bench because we have no Lebron type player.

Do you know anything about basketball ...or have you seen like 5 games this year?? Mo Williams was an All-star. Z is a 3 or 4 time all-star. JJ Redick is generally considered a terrible bust and didn't even play tonight (his own coach doesn't even trust him). The Magic bench consists of Redick, Pietrus, Gortat, Battie and Anthony Johnson. I am not sure how that star studded lineup is better than anyone's bench. I already told you I thought the Magic starting lineup was better, but I still think the Cavs are a better team and will win the series.

Redick, a bust? Do YOU know anything about basketball? :insane: Somebody had to sit out. He was chosen to guard Ray Allen throughout that series and did a fine job, even as he is not a defensive player. He is there to shoot 3-pointers. I would take Redick over West.

Z is good, but he is outclassed in this matchup. He is only an average center against Howard. His all-star status does not change the fact that he is just not as physically capable as Howard, whether it be strength, speed, arm extension or jumping ability. On average Howard gets double the rebounds and nearly double the points as Z does. Clearly outclassed. Gorat is an even matchup with Z.

Lewis against Varejo is another joke. Lewis is the overall best player on the team. Nobody has been able to stop Lewis throughout the series. Battie might be the weakest player on the bench, and even he does okay and will do okay against Varejo.

Alston against Williams is really, the only close or even matchup on the court.

Turk against Lebron. Obviously, Lebron takes it. Pietrus against Lebron, and Lebron still takes it. Pietrus is able to keep up with Lebron though. Lebron just always sinks his shots anyway. However, on defense Lebron doesn't seem to be able to shut either player down himself.

Cleveland generally has one sided scorecards because they rely on one person.

The Lakers will CHOKE again this year. Just like they did last year! (when they were defeated by their arch-nemesis, the Boston Celtics) :devil:

uh...newsflash...they didn't choke last year...Boston was the better team and deserved to win...

it's funny the way people post things like this on their supposed behalf/interests when in fact they undermine what they think they are promoting...ironic that way... :insane:

The Lakers will CHOKE again this year. Just like they did last year! (when they were defeated by their arch-nemesis, the Boston Celtics) :devil:

uh...newsflash...they didn't choke last year...Boston was the better team and deserved to win...

it's funny the way people post things like this on their supposed behalf/interests when in fact they undermine what they think they are promoting...ironic that way... :insane:

NOTHING can undermine the fact that the Los Angeles Lakers suck Hairy Donkey Ballz...

They are going DOWN!

Magic have done real well...

80% of the country thought we would get out butts whooped and we end up almost taking both on Clevelands home court.

Cleveland stealing a split on a last second desperation/clutch shot doesnt put a damper on my spirits. We are outshooting the Cavs.

Cant wait for Sunday! I will be in the rafters, lighting the next clash of the titans!

80% of the country thought we would get out butts whooped and we end up almost taking both on Clevelands home court.

Cleveland stealing a split on a last second desperation/clutch shot doesnt put a damper on my spirits. We are outshooting the Cavs.

Cant wait for Sunday! I will be in the rafters, lighting the next clash of the titans!

What the Magic needs to do is stop falling behind by double digits early. They're making it harder on themselves than they need to. They are clearly outplaying the Cavs...

Jim

Cavs can only win with a handicap, apparently. And that handicap is Don King trained refs. A blatant, and obvious techincal foul where Thug Williams throws the ball at Howard, goes uncalled when it is standard for that to always be a technical foul. That "blind eye" was significant.

What the Magic needs to do is stop falling behind by double digits early. They're making it harder on themselves than they need to. They are clearly outplaying the Cavs...

Jim

That's easier said then done. I don't consider it Orlando falling behind as much as I do them weathering the storm. The sheer fact Orlando was able to come back in games 1 and 2 speaks volumes about their fortitude, or lack of coaching by Mike Brown.

I waited all postseason for Lebron to be tested and it looks like it might finally get interesting.

Jim

That's easier said then done. I don't consider it Orlando falling behind as much as I do them weathering the storm. The sheer fact Orlando was able to come back in games 1 and 2 speaks volumes about their fortitude, or lack of coaching by Mike Brown.

I waited all postseason for Lebron to be tested and it looks like it might finally get interesting.

I don't see why it is so suprising. People give the Cavs so much credit. A highly overrated team. Without their golden boy, they are nothing special. They just need to tire him out.

Jim

I don't see why it is so suprising. People give the Cavs so much credit. A highly overrated team. Without their golden boy, they are nothing special. They just need to tire him out.

And without Jordan, the Bulls were what exactly?

Just saying..Cav hater.

:kidaround:

And without Jordan, the Bulls were what exactly?

Just saying..Cav hater.

:kidaround:

oooh oooh I know this one....

Without Jordan the Bulls were:

1) a team the CAVs could finally beat?

or

2) not the same source of nightmares for Craig Ehlo that they once were?

They both seem to work equally well. (thumbs u

C