• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question on TOS 58

11 posts in this topic

I got my 9th VF+ or better copy of TOS in the mail this week,to go along with about a dozen lesser graded ones.

It got me t wondering-How many VF+ copies would you think are out there? As it wasn't all that big a seller I can't imagine there being much more than 1,000 or so.It's a pre-65 Marvel,what do you think? Am I in the ballpark with my assumption or too hi or lo?

Census shows 31 in 8.5 or better,not including mine.

I've bought six off the internet this year,only one would I call VF+,the rest fell short by a bit.You never find them as individuals, you need to check collections.Anyone who knows what he has isn't selling raw, it seems.

If you'd care to sell one raw, I'd be interested. Would love to have one as "fill" until I got a 9.2 or 9.4

Anyways, carrying on the conversation.. I've found 58, 59, and 65 tremendously difficult in anything above 9.0

Brian

I am not disputing anything you say but for my expierence #58 and #59 have been easier for me to find. Haven't bought one yet though due to this fact wink.gif Brian, I think there is a #59 at Metropolis with off-white pages for only $400. Heck I would be hard pressed to pick a hardest to find TOS book under 60. In the four years I have been watching ebay and heritage I have hardly ever seen a 44 or 46. Eides sold a #44 for a nice price and Rosenberg sold a 9.2 #46 for like $750. I would say though that 58 is much more rare than 59. Hope this help.

Eric

Sorry, but TOSs are for hoarding purposes only.I don't bother much with the pre-cap ones but of the 58 and above the one I find hard is 60.Rarely see this in any sort of grade but reader. I'm not sure but I think Tomega mentioned something awhile ago about selling some surplus Caps and TOSs that he had upgraded. Might PM him.

It's definately a tough book. I've got an 8.5 (would prob grade 9.0 if the color was better. It's pretty tanned). Definately one of the tougher books to find in HG. Mine is the nicest copy I've seen, and I always take a look at shows hoping to upgrade.

Chris