• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Apple Con

25 posts in this topic

has anyone gone to this before? How's it set for comics vendors?

I need a convention fix and can't wait until late next year for the NYCon.

The Big Apple Con is having a one-day show on June 18th. :gossip:

I went to the show last year. It was very small, cramped, fanboy funk all around, ect. I wouldn't go again.

I thought it was freaking amazing...yes it was hot but it was so seedy, I couldn't help but feel that this is what a show was like 30 years ago. I travel to my fair share of shows, and the Big Apple was by far a truly unique experience. Quality dealers as well.

Jim

I went to the show last year. It was very small, cramped, fanboy funk all around, ect. I wouldn't go again.

I thought it was freaking amazing...yes it was hot but it was so seedy, I couldn't help but feel that this is what a show was like 30 years ago. I travel to my fair share of shows, and the Big Apple was by far a truly unique experience. Quality dealers as well.

Jim

Well said.

I love the show, it always has some primo artist in attendance. It does have a bit of a funk to it though.

Jim

Well said.

I love the show, it always has some primo artist in attendance. It does have a bit of a funk to it though.

And slavering, creepy pedophiles too.... like the one who offered my son a bite of the big mac he was eating as he sat on one of the window ledges outside of the bathrooms (those who have been there know the configuration). The cretin didn't see me trailing along about 25 feet behind my son and his whole body visibly contracted when he realized that my boy was chaperoned. He's lucky I didn't pitch him out the window or kick his teeth in but only verbally confronted him. Sleaze bag.

Jim

Well said.

And slavering, creepy pedophiles too.... like the one who offered my son a bite of the big mac he was eating as he sat on one of the window ledges outside of the bathrooms (those who have been there know the configuration). The cretin didn't see me trailing along about 25 feet behind my son and his whole body visibly contracted when he realized that my boy was chaperoned. He's lucky I didn't pitch him out the window or kick his teeth in but only verbally confronted him. Sleaze bag.

You summed up every anime con I've ever been too as well in that paragraph! Well done!