• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Apple Con

25 posts in this topic

The new and improved Big Apple Show?

I must admit, I stopped attending the show the last few years because I absolutely hated the cramped space and poor lighting. Now that Wizard has taken over the promotion, it looks like they are moving the show to the 18th Floor ballroom of the same hotel for a show in June.

The ballroom is a smaller space but the room layout is a big giant rectangle so that should be an immediate improvement. This is where Phil Seuling's comic shows of the 1970's were held in their glory days.

To beef up their mailing list, Wizard is offering free admission to the show to anyone that registers in advance on their website. Right now the guest list is primarily female wrestlers and ex-Playmates. lol. Is this new and improved? Time will tell but it looks like Wizard is going to pull every trick in the book to get the audience back before relocating the show to the piers on the west side in October.

I'm supportive of any show that promotes this hobby so I'm willing to give them a second look if they are serious about making changes to the show and bringing in some decent guests.

Cheers!

N

From what I heard the one day June show is still being run by Carbonaro, he sold the three day event to Wizard and they have moved that show to a bigger location and will try to draw Marvel and DC and expand on the event.

From what I heard the one day June show is still being run by Carbonaro, he sold the three day event to Wizard and they have moved that show to a bigger location and will try to draw Marvel and DC and expand on the event.

This is correct. The first Wizard/Big Apple Show will be the big one in October.

The Free show being held in June will be run by Mike and is meant to be a "Thanks for all the support over the years" event.

p.s.

Thanks for all the support over the years! :grin:

Brian