• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

9.6/9.8 Quick Quiz

Which Is The 9.8?  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Which Is The 9.8?

40 posts in this topic

:signfunny:

They are wrong when you don't agree and right when you do lol

This is VERY true. lol

However, in this situation, is there really anyone here on the boards who honestly would call that a 9.8?

This is VERY true. lol

However, in this situation, is there really anyone here on the boards who honestly would call that a 9.8?

I have several headscratcher 9.8s. They happen from time to time. You should consider it much the same way you considered your hookups with attractive women in college - Not very frequent, but a welcome surprise.

This is VERY true. lol

I have several headscratcher 9.8s. They happen from time to time. You should consider it much the same way you considered your hookups with attractive women in college - Not very frequent, but a welcome surprise.

Black cover books without ANY finger marks or bends do come back as 9.8. I had the same happen on Miracleman 18 and 21. It's almost as if they're rewarding the ability to handle without stainage.

"Stainage" is great word. :sick:

This is VERY true. lol

Not in this case. that corner ding stands out too much for me. Does anybody else have any 9.8's that have dings and other notable defects that you would think there would be "no way" to get a 9.8?

I don't believe it is possible to tell the difference betwen a 9.6 and a 9.8 from a scan.

Yes, but you CAN tell from the scans that the ASBR #8 has an obvious CB spine tick and an impacted top corner. No way I would grade that a 9.8. Period.

I woudn't say 9.6 or 9.8 for that one... looks more like straight NM. But that's just me.

This is VERY true. lol

Not in this case. that corner ding stands out too much for me. Does anybody else have any 9.8's that have dings and other notable defects that you would think there would be "no way" to get a 9.8?

Sold them all :tonofbricks:

I'm not unhappy at either books grades (well I wouldn't be with the ASBR would I?), and I can live with the 9.6 if that's what it is. I used this last submission as a lesson by picking some of my favourite Bat covers which I'd like to see in slabs and tried to pick out 9.8s.

With those two books I don't think it was a very good lesson. Yes I could easily have missed something on the #686 (probably missed something on the #686), but I didn't miss that corner ding on the ASBR. Neither were what I expected, but I can only explain the one.