• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I need major help...and I new to all of this!

25 posts in this topic

:frustrated: Now as the wife I want them out of here. BUT..maybe I can make money...THATS ME!

Sounds like a wife to me . . . :roflmao:

lol Just like YOUR wife, in fact! :banana:

:banana::banana:

Hence why I'm not married anymore. :acclaim:

GREAT TO MEET YOU silverrich, I am surprised you have not been all over my other threads like everyone else!

My apologies, Mary. My cynicism directed at your story was due to hearing it a thousand times before, but directed at gullible people - which you'll have a hard time finding on this site. It's usually reserved for eBay and, ulp...Craigslist.

I'm not all over your threads because I have no interest in what you're selling, nothing personal you understand. It appears that you are a legit seller whose wording was misinterpreted by myself (and some others).

In that event...WTTB and good luck with your selling. (thumbs u

Do you have an ebay identity? If you are established on ebay, you can sell the more valuable ones there. It can be very difficult to get rid of comics of moderate value, everybody has them and not that many people want them. If you have a high value comic, watch a similar one on ebay then if it is worthwhile, put your copy up. Just so you know, I have been selling my lower value comics for four or five years, and I understand there value. In that time, I have gotten rid of about two thousand of the five thousand.

Did your husband have any friends that you trust? If one of them could go through the stack and pull out the ones of significant worth, it could save you a lot of time. One of my friends got a stack of comics from the mother of a deceased friend and was offered 1/3 of price to sell them. They were both happy with that but the downside for the mother was that my friend was willing to accept any reasonable offer-- he wouldn't hold out because even a low ball offer was money in his pocket.

Don't take them down to the local comic store. They will give you so little money that you will regret it, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but soon and for the rest of your life. If you let an aggressive collector take them away to look at them, make sure he brings back the same issues. Note the issues and in the case of suspected valuable ones, the conditions. Aggressive collectors have been known to slip low grade issues in for high grade ones.

I know I am being alarmist but this is what I have heard about on the local scene.