• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC mags and more - prices reduced!!

53 posts in this topic

I bought it a while back, on eBay actually. But I did find two sealed final fantasy mystic quests in a store inventory find along with a bunch of other good games. Those FF MQs are really minty.

cheers,

Dan

Hey Brian,

games already open when sold, of course, you can return. But sealed games... I haven't really thought about it, good question! The problem is you'd have to open it to try it, and if you do that you're not returning an item of the same value. Hmm.

I guess the fairest thing is this: you can inspect the factory sealed package. If you're unhappy with it you can return it no questions asked. But if you actually open it, I can't refund the money. That being said I give my absolute word there would be no problem.

Does that sound fair? I'm open to suggestions if you have a better idea.

Also... the games I'm auctioning right now might not work on your NES wink.gif They're SNES and playstation games smile.gif

You can try this on your nes though wink.gif

Cheers,

Dan

357645-capfront.jpg

357645-capfront.jpg.6753ebc441600c2a9f17fb44bc286942.jpg

PS you're the first person to ask me this! No one else actually considers opening them! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif But why wouldn't you just buy a complete (opened) copy for less? confused.gif This is sort of like buying a 9.8 to read! 893whatthe.gif

Why didn't you just say so? wink.gif Nah, I was trying to be diplomatic about it but I would never accept a return of an opened item. After all, they're worth anywhere from 2x to 100x more sealed (depending on the rarity in condition). Sure as hell not going to be amused when someone returns something worth ten percent of what I sold them! crazy.gif

PS you're the first person to ask me this! No one else actually considers opening them! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif But why wouldn't you just buy a complete (opened) copy for less? confused.gif This is sort of like buying a 9.8 to read! 893whatthe.gif

People really collect these games and don't play them? Why? I've never heard of this before. Are you serious or just kidding?

Brian - hi.gif I also buy PSX and PSX2 games and don't open them. !) I don't have the time and 2) sometimes they end up being collectible confused-smiley-013.gif - the first dragon ball z game for PSX is one example - as far as gameplay goes it sucks real bad for a fighting game, but sealed it sells for crazy $$$. Iremeber flipping these for a bit, most of the time some scammers were offering the Japanese/Taiwan cd-rs but if you found the US version, you could turn a quick buck on it. I "modified" my PSX so I could play "burnt" copies (back-ups of my originals of course wink.gif ) and I keep some of my more valuable games unused. I think I still have 3 copies of Diablo sealed. I had made a copy that I use from an unsealed version I had that I sold too smile.gif

Need to change your lexicon there buddy... given that they have announced a release date for the Japanese "PSX"...

I watched the deal on CNBC about it... The thing is creepy. It does everything but cook your food for you... games, DVDs, HDTV, you name it...

Definitely not kidding. It's in its infantcy but there are lots of NES and SNES games already worth hundreds still sealed. A few in the four figures too. I've seen copies of that FF2 I'm selling go for 400+. But my copy is a little rough around the edges so it won't go too high.

It's kind of like the high grade market. Not too many people buy 9.6-9.8 copies to read you know? And similar to the comic market 95%+ of collectors just want complete copies to play (read). Those are cheap - even very collectible games have a tough time breaking $100 if they are complete/opened. But there is a smaller portion of the market that wants mint examples and will pay for them.

Dan