• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New sales forum format..Fun? Not fun?

Fun? Not fun?  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Fun? Not fun?

145 posts in this topic

It just doesn't seem like the quantity or quality is there anymore.

Based on what I'm seeing right now in the Gold/Silver/Bronze forum, I'm not sure how you're coming to that conclusion. (shrug)

Maybe we collect different things. I typically don't buy over-priced slabs at double guide.

Neither do I. Maybe our opinion about quality and quantity differs because I'm still seeing both.

My only question is,

I want to list about 100 or so books but they very from SA to MA and I have no desire to list them in separate forums.

So where do I list them according to the new format?

Bring them to the shop at lunch and I'll come cherry pick them on the way home. (thumbs u

I'd think you'd want the Golden/Silver/Bronze Age Only based on your usual offerings, but if you have Coppers and Moderns like you say then the Mixed Age Threads and Misc Forum should be the place. You'll probably do well wherever you are.

15c and 20c covers rule my world. :cloud9:

Everything else is a mild afterthought :shy:

lol

:gossip:....These guy's are crack'n me up this AM.

you're just still full of wine.

"every single purchase".. OK.. I am assuming things...never mind.. I tend to focus on SA and foreigns

Yes. Every single purchase. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to read between the lines somewhere in that response, but I'll just let it go.

My main point is that everyone has the right to love and collect whatever they wish. The problem comes when people begin pushing their own agenda about what they collect is cool and everything everyone else collects is junk. I see it all the time on here whether expressed explicitly or implicitly and I find it to be a rather disrespectful attitude to have.

Moderns suck donkey poo. :mad:

:jokealert:

I just bought some. :gossip:

"every single purchase".. OK.. I am assuming things...never mind.. I tend to focus on SA and foreigns

Yes. Every single purchase. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to read between the lines somewhere in that response, but I'll just let it go.

My main point is that everyone has the right to love and collect whatever they wish. The problem comes when people begin pushing their own agenda about what they collect is cool and everything everyone else collects is junk. I see it all the time on here whether expressed explicitly or implicitly and I find it to be a rather disrespectful attitude to have.

I love and collect little naked dolls. :whistle:

That's interesting, as I have seen the opposite.

Really? I can't count how many "Great Books", "Killer Slabs" or similar generic thread titles I clicked on in the "old format" only to find a pile Modern books or SS stuff, which totally wasted my time and kept me from finding the "good stuff".

The sheer number of threads also kept me from locating my group of "regulars" since there was a real race to bump threads to the front page and take up valuable real estate. That in-fighting doesn't happen so much anymore, since the volume has been split.

Now, I can easily find the books and sellers I want to look at just by hitting the GA/SA/BA forum in the morning, and checking out the announcement thread for upcoming sales. And if someone uses "Killer Books" as a title there, it's probably something I'll at least want to look at.

Yes, let's cater the FS Forum to someone who has never had a for sale thread, buys precious little and complains about eBay all the time but allegedly still sells on it. meh

Define "LOVE"

I'd rather not , thank you. :roflmao:

Love is a horse mask, a few pale faced dolls and Hooks' little back alley love room in the dark.

Really? I can't count how many "Great Books", "Killer Slabs" or similar generic thread titles I clicked on in the "old format" only to find a pile Modern books or SS stuff, which totally wasted my time and kept me from finding the "good stuff".

The sheer number of threads also kept me from locating my group of "regulars" since there was a real race to bump threads to the front page and take up valuable real estate. That in-fighting doesn't happen so much anymore, since the volume has been split.

Now, I can easily find the books and sellers I want to look at just by hitting the GA/SA/BA forum in the morning, and checking out the announcement thread for upcoming sales. And if someone uses "Killer Books" as a title there, it's probably something I'll at least want to look at.

Yes, let's cater the FS Forum to someone who has never had a for sale thread, buys precious little and complains about eBay all the time but allegedly still sells on it. meh

Jim, I don't get what the big deal is. I buy a sh!tload of Bronze, Copper and moderns on here and a smattering of Silver. The new format does not bother me in the least and I don't feel like I miss any more deals than I normally did by being on here intermittantly. To me there is no difference between clicking subforums and going to the 2nd or third page to see if anything had slipped in since the last time I logged in. 2c

Jim, I don't get what the big deal is. I buy a sh!tload of Bronze, Copper and moderns on here and a smattering of Silver. The new format does not bother me in the least and I don't feel like I miss any more deals than I normally did by being on here intermittantly. To me there is no difference between clicking subforums and going to the 2nd or third page to see if anything had slipped in since the last time I logged in. 2c

Bah ! , little Jim no like change.He smash new forum with big funny words ! :insane:

Define "LOVE"

I'd rather not , thank you. :roflmao:

Love is a horse mask, a few pale faced dolls and Hooks' little back alley love room in the dark.

I thought it was just a Wal-Mart bag floating back and forth in the wind while a weird kid was filming it..

The problem comes when people begin pushing their own agenda about what they collect is cool and everything everyone else collects is junk.

I see that a lot with the Golden Age fogeys, but it's just a method of swelling their ranks using "nerd peer pressure".

"Call us when you grow up and start collecting GA books"

9.8 SNOB APPEALL RULES !! :headbang:

oops, I collect Tom and Jerry drek.

Before it was an issue with having more than one selling thread now you can have three if you choose and its not an issue.

Before there was copious bumping like salmon trying to get ahead of the pack in one busy "looking" stream now each subforum is organized with every current sale on the first page and none of the unnecessary bumpiing.

A lot less clicking in and out of threads are needed now with subforums to see what you want to look at because one extra sublink allows me to ignore one pile of threads that is CA/Modern and there is no spillover into a second page.

The new format looks great and works great.

The problem comes when people begin pushing their own agenda about what they collect is cool and everything everyone else collects is junk.

I see that a lot with the Golden Age fogeys, but it's just a method of swelling their ranks using "nerd peer pressure".

"Call us when you grow up and start collecting GA books"

lol

It's funny cuz it's true.