• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Live.Com for dummies (that means me!)

3 posts in this topic

I have read a little about live.com and it sounds interesting. However, I can't seem to figure it out, I have an AOL e-mail account, but I think I need to create a hotmail account (not really sure about this).

:pullhair:

If someone could please describe the process for the technically challenged (such as me) I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2788110&fpart=1

Or if you're lazy, this gives you the basic idea (quoted from dekeuk)

. Find an ebay BUY IT NOW item you want that takes paypal and put it in your ebay watch list.

2. Go to live.com and search for that ebay item

3. Click on the CASHBACK link that appears beside the ebay search link (this takes you into ebay)

4. Go to your watch list

5. Go to your item and click BUY IT NOW to see confirmation screen

6. Make sure the confirmation screen clearly shows you are getting a live.com discount (there will be a logo with the live.com discount)

7. If the logo is not there, do not buy the item, you will not get the discount

8. If the logo is there, buy the item and pay for it with paypal (you will see the discount logo again in paypal)

9. Follow the confirmation emails to claim the refund

10. You will need to create a free live.com accont to claim refund but if you have an existing hotmail account, just use that as your login and it will also work to claim discount

11. Discount will show ijn your account as PENDING in about 24 hours

12. Wait mandatory 60 days and then claim the refund