• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

prices lowered! Little Archie #1 and Bronze Age Archie production Art

64 posts in this topic

I bought a small collection of Bronze age Archie Hand painted cover color aprovals,and 4 layer acetate Cover Color Seperations.

The Hand painted color aproval covers were painted in generally with watercolors by the Editor or the Artists over copied original line art, and then sent on to the printers designating what colors to use and where. Most of the art I am selling will have numbers and codes penciled or inked on them designating to the printers colors chosen.

The Four Color seperation peices consist of 3 layers of Acetate over a white back ground, thus the 4 layers. Each of the 3 layers of Acetate have different colors as shown in the example below "pardon the Dirty fingernails I was gardening and could not get the dirt out" :blush: giving the color Seps an allmost 3-d effect. Some of these peices will also have Grease pencil markings giving codes and referance for the printers.

These are cool one of a kind peices used in the early Production process prior to Computers and the like. These would be Awesome framed or just kept as a part of Comics History.

I am going to sell the Hand Painted cover aprovals at 20.00 each, and the color seperations at 15.00 each.

Shipping will be 5.00 Priority, here in the states 10.00 Canada, 15.00 pretty much anywhere else. Wether you buy 1 or 20

Paypal is prefered, but checks or concealed cash work as well

I will put up the Color Seperation Acetates first.

IMG00807.jpg

IMG00808.jpg

As outlined in the Beggining of this Thread All the above are Color Seperation Acetates and 15.00 per. The folowing are the Hand Painted Color Cover Aprovals and are Priced at 20.00 per.