• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about Showcase New England

121 posts in this topic

I was a repeat buyer from Showcase NE 2-3 years ago. Recently i submitted an offer of 70$ for a hulk book they had for 80$ and was denied. Is this where i cry about that? lol

Dan had no problem with Canada when he bought the Winnipeg collection back in the 90's ?!?
(worship)

What does that have to do with anything?

I think Dan laid out his ideas very well and it should be clear that, from a paypal and Ebay sense, he wont deal with Canadians.

Doesnt me he wont sell to them, but it has to be on his terms. I cant blame him

Our experiences with most Canadians have been positive. Unfortunately, those that we did have problems with just made dealing with Canada as a whole untenable.

There's no nice way to write off an entire country, so spare us the patronizing B.S, especially when it contradicts the rest of your post.

I was a repeat buyer from Showcase NE 2-3 years ago. Recently i submitted an offer of 70$ for a hulk book they had for 80$ and was denied. Is this where i cry about that? lol

If it was on ebay im telling Nick :baiting:

:blush: please dont. Actually Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? it since he wont sell to me anyways :sumo:

Our experiences with most Canadians have been positive. Unfortunately, those that we did have problems with just made dealing with Canada as a whole untenable.

There's no nice way to write off an entire country,

Sure there is.

"Look, Canada. It's not you. It's me. Honestly, we've been drifting apart for quite a while, and no, that's not a continental drift joke. Seriously, you're great..."

There's no nice way to write off an entire country,

Sure there is.

"Look, Canada. It's not you. It's me. Honestly, we've been drifting apart for quite a while, and no, that's not a continental drift joke. Seriously, you're great..."

Everyone's a comedian.

We stopped selling to Canada a couple of years ago. Canada is the only country on the planet that we will not deal with through Ebay and Paypal.

Here are the reasons....like them or not.

Over the years, More than 50% of all of our complaints came from Canadian Citizens. As a country, they outnumbered all of the complaints and issues we had to deal with vs. a vs. the rest of the world combined.

It seemed that every month we had to deal with some dispute over shipping, or with Paypal, or costs, or border problems....you name it, we had to deal with it. It seemed like as soon as we got one problem resolved....another one cropped up. And almost always with Canada.

Frankly, it became clear to us that the solution was not to sell to Canada via Ebay, or accept Paypal.

We will sell to Canadian Citizens, but only directly and if payment is made by check. Usually when I tell them we ship UPS only, which is costly, and creates frequent customs and border issues, interest in buying from us is quickly lost. If there is something you really want, we will take it down onyour say and wait for your check. Not as hassle free as BIN and paying by Paypal...but not that big a deal.

Part of the problem is that many Canadians objected to the high cost we charged for shipping via UPS, or sending packages registered through the Post Office. Many don't understand that shipping to Canada is expensive if you want to comply with Paypal guidelines, or, they did understand and just didn't care because they were protected (even though we weren't).

In my opinion, many Canadians, especially new buyers, want the lowest shipping cost available withpout regard to the method of shipping. Since they are protected by Paypal when paying by Paypal, many seemed not to care about the consequences to us if the packages were lost, slow or damaged in transit. Many of the Canadians we dealt with didn't hesitate to take action against us when problems occurred because of the inferior shipping method they selected (mainly Postal Service, flat rate, no verification....which does not comply with Paypal guidelines for seller protection).

Since many Canadian Citizens didn't want to be held accountable for their selections, and because this in turn lead to losses that were unacceptable to us, we made a decision not to sell to Canada through Ebay any longer. Also, we just don't have the manpower to deal with the same issue week after week. Finally, we just got tired of the endless questions about the same issues over and over again.

We answer all of our email...it may take a day or so, but it all gets answered without exception. We keep a history of email, so if someone believes their email has gone unanswered, why don't you forward it to me and I'll forward the original reponse to it.

Dan Greenhalgh

Well-worded and makes complete sense.

Another happy SNE Customer and competitor.

CAL who got his 1st IMSM 9.4 that was graded WHITE 9.4 from SNE

We stopped selling to Canada a couple of years ago. Canada is the only country on the planet that we will not deal with through Ebay and Paypal.

Over the years, More than 50% of all of our complaints came from Canadian Citizens. As a country, they outnumbered all of the complaints and issues we had to deal with vs. a vs. the rest of the world combined.

It seemed that every month we had to deal with some dispute over shipping, or with Paypal, or costs, or border problems....you name it, we had to deal with it. It seemed like as soon as we got one problem resolved....another one cropped up. And almost always with Canada.

Frankly, it became clear to us that the solution was not to sell to Canada via Ebay, or accept Paypal.

We will sell to Canadian Citizens, but only directly and if payment is made by check. Usually when I tell them we ship UPS only, which is costly, and creates frequent customs and border issues, interest in buying from us is quickly lost. If there is something you really want, we will take it down onyour say and wait for your check. Not as hassle free as BIN and paying by Paypal...but not that big a deal.

Part of the problem is that many Canadians objected to the high cost we charged for shipping via UPS, or sending packages registered through the Post Office. Many don't understand that shipping to Canada is expensive if you want to comply with Paypal guidelines, or, they did understand and just didn't care because they were protected (even though we weren't).

In my opinion, many Canadians, especially new buyers, want the lowest shipping cost available withpout regard to the method of shipping. Since they are protected by Paypal when paying by Paypal, many seemed not to care about the consequences to us if the packages were lost, slow or damaged in transit. Many of the Canadians we dealt with didn't hesitate to take action against us when problems occurred because of the inferior shipping method they selected (mainly Postal Service, flat rate, no verification....which does not comply with Paypal guidelines for seller protection).

Since many Canadian Citizens didn't want to be held accountable for their selections, and because this in turn lead to losses that were unacceptable to us, we made a decision not to sell to Canada through Ebay any longer. Also, we just don't have the manpower to deal with the same issue week after week. Finally, we just got tired of the endless questions about the same issues over and over again.

We answer all of our email...it may take a day or so, but it all gets answered without exception. We keep a history of email, so if someone believes their email has gone unanswered, why don't you forward it to me and I'll forward the original reponse to it.

Dan Greenhalgh

If Cal could have a bromance with any comic dealer, it'd be Dan.

Dan Greenhalgh

We're all very happy for you.

I have a copy of IMSM #1 in 9.8. Unfortunately, I don't ship to Calamerica.