• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

must be nice to have $...

24 posts in this topic

On the same token, I have been waiting for the Ultimate Spiderman 1 White Variant to go down in prices. When the buzz started on this variant cover which at that time cost only between $400-$500 on a CGC 9.8. I've been waiting for it to come down between $200 to $300 so that I may buy one. But apparently, it has not come down and the price range now is between $800 - $1000.

You are correct on the White Variant, but check out the other USM prices. They've tanked consistently down the issue list, and now only 1-5 command any sort of premium in CGC 9.6 and up.

This puppy is pretty well toast, and these high prices on the White Variant are the market's last gasp.

Imagine those "investors" who bought CGC 9.8 of USM 1-30 at the height of the craziness? Probably keeping an eye on their car and furniture, along with keeping the answering machine on 24-hours a day. 893whatthe.gif

The Ultimate Spiderman CGC 9.8s 1 thru 5 have doubled their prices. The red 1 commands $500, the DF 1, between $400-$500, issue #3 is between $300-$350 and #5 is between $350-$450. The #6 is a different story, I remember people were paying $400 for this one, now you can get it at $150. But 7 thru the current issue the prices have been stable, it has not increased because one particular seller has been sending thousands of copies of Ultimate Spiderman to CGC on regular basis and selling them on BIN at a very low price.

The #6 is a different story, I remember people were paying $400 for this one, now you can get it at $150. But 7 thru the current issue the prices have been stable

No way. I have some high CGC 9.8 sales of all of those issues, none of which has been seen since. USM is running on fumes, and the speculators are all massing at the early issues, like some house of Spidey cards.

I will say...these Batman covers are really nice. I hadn't seen them. That said, paying these prices for stuff like this is insane! Graded...ungraded...whatever!!! Variant covers are nice, but come on. You can probably buy the original cover art of these books for money like that!

The Ultimate Spiderman CGC 9.8s 1 thru 5 have doubled their prices. The red 1 commands $500, the DF 1, between $400-$500, issue #3 is between $300-$350 and #5 is between $350-$450. The #6 is a different story, I remember people were paying $400 for this one, now you can get it at $150. But 7 thru the current issue the prices have been stable, it has not increased because one particular seller has been sending thousands of copies of Ultimate Spiderman to CGC on regular basis and selling them on BIN at a very low price.

I happen to like the USM series, but there is no way in HE-double hockey sticks I would ever pay those crazy prices for ultra-modern comic books. I think the series will still be around in 5 years if they keep the same style of writing and artwork.

I happen to like the USM series, but there is no way in HE-double hockey sticks I would ever pay those crazy prices for ultra-modern comic books. I think the series will still be around in 5 years if they keep the same style of writing and artwork.

it all just reminds me of spider man 2099. that went 46 issues, spawned a cartoon series, had some insert action in the marvel cards sets.... and now it is worthless.

it all just reminds me of spider man 2099. that went 46 issues, spawned a cartoon series, had some insert action in the marvel cards sets.... and now it is worthless.

There is a big difference between Spider-man 2099 and Ultimate Spider-man. Spider-man 2099 was based on some future Spider-man from 2099 which is a stupid concept and was doomed to failure from the beginning. USM, on the other hand, is based on what is happening today. They have updated all the characters to go along with today's concepts of day to day life. If you go back in read Stan Lee's original Spider-man the stories are pretty corny by today's standards, but probably fit right in with the way people lived back then. Ultimate takes Stan Lee's awesome characters and matches them up with current societal norms. You could actually say the Ultimate Universe makes more sense than the Marvel Universe purely because of the continuity issue. Ultimate is basically the same characters that everyone loves without the added baggage of 40+ years of continuity. It is a chance to improve on the Marvel Universe. Hopefully, they won't screw it up.

thats why I bye the trades

same story easier format

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

I love the Ultimate universe trades and HATE the individual issues which have an uncanny ability of starting and stoping in mid sentence . . .

DAM

I will say...these Batman covers are really nice. I hadn't seen them. That said, paying these prices for stuff like this is insane! Graded...ungraded...whatever!!! Variant covers are nice, but come on. You can probably buy the original cover art of these books for money like that!

Don't bet on it . . . those covers did not go cheaply . . .

DAM

Hey! it's a great read tongue.gif

DAM