• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An interesting question for you all. This should be fun.

66 posts in this topic

So I was just thinking a moment ago ( I know, shocking). And I figured I would share this with the boards.

If you could sit down with one comic creator (living or deceased) and have a conversation with them and they would (again hypothetically) answer any questions you had. Who would it be? And what would you ask them?

For me. Jack Kirby. I would love to know what it was like working in comics for so long, seeing how it advanced, projects he worked on, and the influence his work has had. I think it would be amazing if I could actually have a one on one conversation with him.

Joe Quesada.

I'd want to ask him why he utterly destroyed all the characters that I loved for 30 years, and how he justified that destruction given the huge slump in sales figures.

Oh, and I'd also take the opportunity to give him a right good slapping. (thumbs u

Mike Grell!

I would ask him why the Travis Morgan never found out he had a son!

In over 100 issues of the Warlord I think he Battled his Son like Three times and Never once did he know it was his own dang Kid!!!

Even in the Mini Series that came out after the Warlord ended this Loose end was never tied up!

Still Pizzes me off!

Joe Quesada.

I'd want to ask him why he utterly destroyed all the characters that I loved for 30 years, and how he justified that destruction given the huge slump in sales figures.

Oh, and I'd also take the opportunity to give him a right good slapping. (thumbs u

I would like to see this.

Joe Quesada.

I suspect you and a lot of other people. :mad:

Joe Quesada.

Changed my Mind! I want to be first in line behind Flaming telepath to Slap Joe Quesada!

He single handedly put me off Moderns!

Matt Baker.

There's so little information about what it was like for him as a black guy in the business. How did others in the bullpen treat him? What'd he do at lunch time? Simple 'daily-grind' questions and if segregation took it's toll (or not).

Joe Quesada.

^^

Joe Quesada.

Changed my Mind! I want to be first in line behind Flaming telepath to Slap Joe Quesada!

He single handedly put me off Moderns!

That is precisely what he did with me. :(

Late '90s, early '00s, I was buying somewhere north of 100 books a month.

I haven't bought a single modern for over 5 years now. :cry:

Joe Quesada.

I suspect you and a lot of other people. :mad:

Me too.

Joe Quesada.

To be fair, he only finished the job.

Still, he did nothing to fix the problem(s) and made a lot of things worse. :mad:

Can I join you? :shy:

Joe Quesada.

Nail clippers, sharp wooden toothpicks or a sharpened awl, a large bore IV and benzoin tincture would be prudent as well

Matt Baker.

There's so little information about what it was like for him as a black guy in the business. How did others in the bullpen treat him? What'd he do at lunch time? Simple 'daily-grind' questions and if segregation took it's toll (or not).

:golfclap:

I'd be glad to sit down with Steranko to talk about the history of comics. A great comic historian and an innovative artist should make for good talk.

I'd certainly enjoy talking to Adams and trying to wrap my head around some of his non-comic viewpoints