• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thecollector's Adventures in Pittsburgh

11 posts in this topic

I realize there is another thread for this type of thing, but this one goes beyond "thanks for getting my books signed," so I thought it justified its own thread.

Major league kudos to Kris "thecollector" Moore who as a favor went all the way to Pittsburgh to get Anthony Daniels to sign some Star Wars books for me (most importantly, two Star Wars #107's that I've been putting together for my daughters that had already been signed by Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, Stan Lee, David Prowse and Peter Mayhew).

This is an example of how witnesses often go above and beyond for the love of the hobby and not the love of money. There was nothing in this for Kris other than the satisfaction of knowing that he helped me get closer to my goal. He asked for nothing in return other than for me to pay his expenses. And there weren't any other big names at the show, so it wasn't as if he could get any other books signed while he was there. And then to top everything off, he ended up having to spend the night in the Pittsburgh airport because his flight back got cancelled. :(

Now most of the books are now on their way to Bristol for Kenny Baker. :wishluck: But I did get a couple of mid-grade books signed just for the autograph. One of them is below. I have to say that Anthony Daniels has a very sharp and stylistic signature.

star_wars_1_ad.jpg