• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm going to post this here

45 posts in this topic

but why just GA? the boards evolved into folders organized as time went on, and that left us with the Sales only Marketplace area. Seems it will be difficult to now split it up and place sales thread in each age's folders. Not impossible ... but a large about face.

Makes sense, but at this late date it changes too much. But I hope you succeed.

I would prefer actual commerce to be placed in the Sales Forum. The VCC is coordinated there as is the discussion thread about non-paying buyers and problematic sellers. There's been enough complaints in that Forum about flooding with too many sales threads by the same person so it doesn't make sense to me to move it into this Forum.

I actually think it counter-productive to split the GA/SA/BA forum at the current volume of sales. I don't find it difficult at all to find the GA books to browse through and I think that you are starting to see cross-over buyers from BA/SA. I'm doubtful you'll get that same affect if you split the Forum.

I agree, sales belong in the sales forum.

I think the more rules, splits, will make selling awkward.

There are lots of times, that people have crossover threads, and no reason that should not happen.

More rules, more rules to break. I was against the current split, but I'm fine with the modern age stuff separate, it worked out better than I thought it would, but gold is just too small a category at this time, and what has really been terrific, is the new people learning about gold books, crossing over from the other time periods, I think we'd lose that if its split into gold only.

It's almost as though there are a number of people here who want everything sales-related to cater to the way they buy / sell / look.

That level of technology isn't here yet. Best to just spend the extra five minutes it takes to look through a thread that might or might not have what you're looking for in it. Or even better, when you have a sales thread, why not put a descriptive title, rather than something cutesy which tells potential buyers nada

That level of technology isn't here yet. Best to just spend the extra five minutes it takes to look through a thread that might or might not have what you're looking for in it. Or even better, when you have a sales thread, why not put a descriptive title, rather than something cutesy which tells potential buyers nada

:applause: :applause: :applause:

:applause: :applause: :applause:

I like cutesy titles!!!... :sumo: