• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions wanted

136 posts in this topic

If they mis advertised the book and listed it as CGC when it was clearly not , then it is their fault and they should make it right at their expense.

And for the sake of entertainment..

What board was it?

What seller was it?

:popcorn:

I will not out the seller unless things go badly. I did mention which board it was on in my last post, above.

(thumbs u

-slym

What does that have to do with the subject at hand?

I'm with Beyonder what the hell does it have to do with the subject at hand.

Really guys WTF

No wonder this board has so many pizzing matches.

The point was he was whining about the return shipping because he didn't have a job. If you don't have a job, why are you purchasing books?

If people don't want all opinions, don't ask for them.

Of course not. The item was materially misrepresented, whether the seller meant to do it or not. You should be out nothing. Just make sure you print a copy of the original sales thread showing CGC.

Send me a PM with the particulars....

This is the way the board is supposed to work members helping members :golfclap:

Well...I have a certain softspot in my heart for the ol' slymster...;)

Thanks, RMA.

And, ewww.....

lol

-slym

The point was he was whining about the return shipping because he didn't have a job.

Incorrect! I am going on the matter of principal, and I used the jobless angle because, as I stated, times are tight for everyone. And, I also stated that I didn't pay for the book, someone else got it for me for an early birthday present. So, I didn't "buy" anything while unemployed - I am not that stupid, regardless of what you may have heard.

-slym

The point was he was whining about the return shipping because he didn't have a job.

Incorrect! I am going on the matter of principal, and I used the jobless angle because, as I stated, times are tight for everyone. And, I also stated that I didn't pay for the book. So, I didn't "buy" anything while unemployed - I am not that stupid, regardless of what you may have heard.

-slym

All is good. It was a simple question, but it seems some are intent on making more out of it than what it is, WTTB. (thumbs u

Really guys WTF

The point was he was whining about the return shipping because he didn't have a job. If you don't have a job, why are you purchasing books?

Read it again. The seller was whining about return shipping ("times are tough... :blahblah: ).

Does the OP owe you money? If not....then what's it to you if he's buying books while unemployed? ( which he wasn't)

For the record, in US small claims, the standard, should the plaintiff sufficiently prove his case, is to make him whole. To put him back in his original position before the transaction, neither better than nor worse than before.

That includes return shipping and all other costs associated with the case.

Whining or what he is entitled to under US law (shrug) Hmmmm

Really guys WTF

Read it again. The seller was whining about return shipping ("times are tough... :blahblah: ).

Does the OP owe you money? If not....then what's it to you if he's buying books while unemployed? ( which he wasn't)

Isn't it about time for you to drink up or light up? (shrug)

For the record, in US small claims, the standard, should the plaintiff sufficiently prove his case, is to make him whole. To put him back in his original position before the transaction, neither better than nor worse than before.

That includes return shipping and all other costs associated with the case.

Whining or what he is entitled to under US law (shrug) Hmmmm

Especially under this administration...oops. doh!

Really guys WTF

Before you pass judgement on me for spending money on drugs & alcohol yesterday while simultaneously being unemployed...you should know that I am currently employed. :P

Really guys WTF

Before you pass judgement on me for spending money on drugs & alcohol yesterday while simutaneously being unemployed...you should know that I am currently employed. :P

How did that happen? :o

Really guys WTF

Before you pass judgement on me for spending money on drugs & alcohol yesterday while simutaneously being unemployed...you should know that I am currently employed. :P

How did that happen? :o

I felt guilty about buying slabs while unemployed....so I went out & got a job.

Really guys WTF

That is false. He wasn't "whining" about anything. He was responding to the seller's whine that "times are tough" with a "yeah, times are tough for everyone. So what."

He asked for an opinion about whethere he should pursue return shipping costs from the seller, not whether Dr. Watson thinks he's "whining" or not, or whether he's spending his money unwisely.

Man, you're a judgemental son of a gun.

You should be reimbursed in total. Is the seller disputing that he incorrectly listed the book? If he admits his error.....you got him. If he disputes it......well, then you have a your word his word deal on your hands.

What is the book, grade and did you get a good deal on it?