• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions wanted

136 posts in this topic

It was a $40 mid-grade SA X-Men book. Happy? lol

Regardless - the seller came to the conclusion that it was best to keep his customers happy and he is going to do the right thing and refund me totally plus pay for return shipping. The only thing I don't like is that he wants me to send the book back first before a refund is issued. 1) I don't know this person, they are relatively new on the boards where this happened while I am a well-established member there; 2) since it's not really my money, I don't want to gamble.

Is it too much to ask that he refund me first?

-slym

Regardless - the seller came to the conclusion that it was best to keep his customers happy and he is going to do the right thing and refund me totally plus pay for return shipping. The only thing I don't like is that he wants me to send the book back first before a refund is issued. 1) I don't know this person, they are relatively new on the boards where this happened while I am a well-established member there; 2) since it's not really my money, I don't want to gamble.

-slym

Tough question because he does not know you either. I think if you use delivery confirmation then you may be covered by Paypal. You can always call Paypal and ask them this question without revealing too much information.

I would still ask if we would not mind refunding you the total due first and then you will shipping out the box immediately following with confirmation. It doesn't hurt to ask but I would do it nicely.

Tough question because he does not know you either. I think if you use delivery confirmation then you may be covered by Paypal. You can always call Paypal and ask them this question without revealing too much information.

Well, since I won't be getting refunded first, I can't use PayPal's USPS account, I'll have to do it myself. The only angle I have is that, like many people on this board, I am established in the other community and everyone BUT the seller knows that I would definitely not screw him and keep the book after being refunded. Conversely, no-one really knows him at all - but, I do think that what he asks isn't unreasonable, I just wanted some opinions.

;)

-slym

Well, since I won't be getting refunded first, I can't use PayPal's USPS account, I'll have to do it myself. The only angle I have is that, like many people on this board, I am established in the other community and everyone BUT the seller knows that I would definitely not screw him and keep the book after being refunded. Conversely, no-one really knows him at all - but, I do think that what he asks isn't unreasonable, I just wanted some opinions.

;)

-slym

Policy is items have to be returned 1st before refund , Slymie ... (thumbs u

Cool - throughout my long eBay career, I have never had to deal with returns or the like.

Thanks, all!!!

:applause:

-slym

Buying cheap Xmen, shame on you. :baiting:

-slym

I'm good if you're good. :baiting:

You were kidding about having them refund you first before returning the item, right?

Call me a noob about returns - I had no idea, although it is a bit of a "duh" question looking back...

:blush:

-slym

No problem. Don't forget to return a beat up Archie rather than the Xmen. :insane:

And PayPal would provide Slym the refund as they would take the stance they cannot be responsible what is in the box - only that the buyer returned something.

Matter of fact, that is scary. Just imagine if that became a scam trend to demand a return, and then the person is shipping back beatup books? It makes me shiver as that would most probably be PayPal's stance the first few times someone did it.

Call me a noob about returns - I had no idea, although it is a bit of a "duh" question looking back...

:blush:

-slym

No problem. Don't forget to return a beat up Archie rather than the Xmen. :insane:

And PayPal would provide Slym the refund as they would take the stance they cannot be responsible what is in the box - only that the buyer returned something.

Matter of fact, that is scary. Just imagine if that became a scam trend to demand a return, and then the person is shipping back beatup books? It makes me shiver as that would most probably be PayPal's stance the first few times someone did it.

That has happened to me as a buyer. Signed for a package and inside was a couple of dollars worth of comics and not the $200 books I'd paid for. Scammed by the seller and paypal came down on their side because I'd signed for it!

That has happened to me as a buyer. Signed for a package and inside was a couple of dollars worth of comics and not the $200 books I'd paid for. Scammed by the seller and paypal came down on their side because I'd signed for it!

:sorry:

That's horrible Andrew.

That's horrible Andrew.

I know. I've found out since through these boards that the seller has done the same a number of times on Ebay.

That's horrible Andrew.

I know. I've found out since through these boards that the seller has done the same a number of times on Ebay.

Woah when was that? :eek:

That's horrible Andrew.

Woah when was that? :eek:

It's in some thread about dodgy Ebay sellers hm

The guy is based in Scotland and is called Tony Curran (sometimes Ant Curran or Anthony Curran).

I know he scammed Garry as well.