• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions wanted

136 posts in this topic

Woah when was that? :eek:

That is the pits. So in other words, you buy a book from this seller, he mails you something else, and then claims you swapped the book out? :sick:

He didn't have to claim anything, just that I'd signed for books I'd bought from him.

I bought a couple of Wolverine Origins books (it's always the fault of Wolvie!) from him just because I'd earlier won a run of Ultimate Spiderman 1-100. Signed for the two books and then waited for the large lot to arrive. Which of course they didn't but he claimed it was the item I signed for.

Went to the police and the post office but they were no help, even though it was at least mail fraud. Sent the pictures of the envelope I'd signed for - luckily I keep all packaging - to paypal and explained it was impossible to fit 100 comics in it. They didn't want to know - they had my signature which was all they cared about.

Seller stopped being an Ebay user as soon as I put my claim in - and a second claim for some DD slabs that I won at the same time from him - which you would have thought would have set some bells ringing at Ebay.

I won the claim for the DD slabs but it was for $40 and it was at the time when paypal took a charge from the claim - $30 doh!

I had his address through the paypal payments and I was that close to getting on a train to Scotland and going up to put some bricks through his windows. And I'm not a violent person! Wife talked me out of it.

Woah when was that? :eek:

That is the pits. So in other words, you buy a book from this seller, he mails you something else, and then claims you swapped the book out? :sick:

He didn't have to claim anything, just that I'd signed for books I'd bought from him.

I bought a couple of Wolverine Origins books (it's always the fault of Wolvie!) from him just because I'd earlier won a run of Ultimate Spiderman 1-100. Signed for the two books and then waited for the large lot to arrive. Which of course they didn't but he claimed it was the item I signed for.

Went to the police and the post office but they were no help, even though it was at least mail fraud. Sent the pictures of the envelope I'd signed for - luckily I keep all packaging - to paypal and explained it was impossible to fit 100 comics in it. They didn't want to know - they had my signature which was all they cared about.

Seller stopped being an Ebay user as soon as I put my claim in - and a second claim for some DD slabs that I won at the same time from him - which you would have thought would have set some bells ringing at Ebay.

I won the claim for the DD slabs but it was for $40 and it was at the time when paypal took a charge from the claim - $30 doh!

I had his address through the paypal payments and I was that close to getting on a train to Scotland and going up to put some bricks through his windows. And I'm not a violent person! Wife talked me out of it.

I am, and my wife wouldn't talk me out of it! Send me his address :mad:

Not worth it now Gav, this was a couple of years ago.

But he did sign up to Ebay again with a new user ID. His listings were always in the same format so I recognised them. Haven't seen him for a while on the Bay but I'm always suspicious of sellers in Scotland.

Apart from John of course lol

if you were in (western?) canada i think a board member here has a posse of rig workers (fishermen?) who will beat up comic scammers upon request.

you should drive 8 hours up to scotland and hit him in the head with a cricket bat.

Nah - cricket is for girls lol

Staple gun to the head maybe :insane:

you should drive 8 hours up to scotland and hit him in the head with a cricket bat.

Why stop at staples? Go nails :banana:

Thought staples might be cheaper.

Thought staples might be cheaper.

I heard Office World had better deals...

:sorry:

just came across this thread. to the original poster, the same exact thing happened to me. bought a Fantastic four #6 cgg advertised as cgc. scan was small and it was my very first slab purchase so I wasn't able to catch the difference until it arrived.ended up keeping it only due to me getting it at a great price (paid around the gpa average of a 4.5 and the book was in a 6.5 holder. the case has a slight crack at the top and i'm debating whether to get it reholdered by pgx or just bust it out and send to cgc. it's a great looking book. I have a decent feeling it might come back a cgc 6.0

i'm debating whether to get it reholdered by pgx or just bust it out and send to cgc.

Only one way to go (thumbs u

i'm debating whether to get it reholdered by pgx or just bust it out and send to cgc.

It would be alot cheaper just to get it reholdered but the more I think about it, the more subbing to cgc does seem like the way to go.

It would be alot cheaper just to get it reholdered but the more I think about it, the more subbing to cgc does seem like the way to go.

It may be more costly to get it graded by CGC but the benefits far outweigh the PGX slab costs (thumbs u

Call me a noob about returns - I had no idea, although it is a bit of a "duh" question looking back...

:blush:

-slym

No problem. Don't forget to return a beat up Archie rather than the Xmen. :insane:

And PayPal would provide Slym the refund as they would take the stance they cannot be responsible what is in the box - only that the buyer returned something.

Matter of fact, that is scary. Just imagine if that became a scam trend to demand a return, and then the person is shipping back beatup books? It makes me shiver as that would most probably be PayPal's stance the first few times someone did it.

That has happened to me as a buyer. Signed for a package and inside was a couple of dollars worth of comics and not the $200 books I'd paid for. Scammed by the seller and paypal came down on their side because I'd signed for it!

This is when you go to the police, and hope you paid with a credit card.

I bought $1500 worth of stuff on eBay....seller sent an empty manila envelope, insured for $1500. It's quite funny. I still have the envelope. Of course, I got my money back.

Couple of years? Bah! That's nothing. I'm of stock that can put justice (not revenge, that's different) on the back burner for a longggg time, and then, when the opportunity comes....strike.

It's NEVER too late to seek justice from one who has unethically wronged you.

(thumbs u

Couple of years? Bah! That's nothing. I'm of stock that can put justice (not revenge, that's different) on the back burner for a longggg time, and then, when the opportunity comes....strike.

It's NEVER too late to seek justice from one who has unethically wronged you.

(thumbs u

Give that man a ceeeegar (thumbs u