• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - 60 MINUTES Michael Jackson Interview

49 posts in this topic

i'm not defending him, if you re read my posts i'm being impartial. i believe in the judicial system....innocent till proven guilty. gossip.gifforeheadslap.gif

No, it's one thing to defend the man, it's another entirely to defend the ACT. Your "God" comment was defending the ACT. Surely you didn't mean it that way?

makepoint.gif

I suspect that weird as Jacko is, and as outside of normal life as he life he has th emoney to have created for himself, I get the feeling that he didnt molest these kids. he's very very naive and not very devilish!

I wouldnt be surprised, howver, to find out that it was true///but my gut feeling is he's just a wacko and extremely innocent and living in his own world surrounded by yes-men who never question anything he does.

There is also the issue here of some sort of vendetta the prosecutor has for Jackson for years. He just may have overstated his case here and blown a bit of circumstantial info into a sexual molestation case.

having said this....Im not apologizing for Jacko, or defending his actions... just listening to him, he just doesnt "get it" - - the real world, that is. he probably doesnt "get" very much either!

supa

I saw the 60 minutes interview, and the interviewer (Michael something) asked some tough questions. The kind of questions MJ better to be prepared to answer during his public inquisition. He won't have the liberty to say things like "I have been informed not to respond to this question" or "I can't take anymore of this" and retreat from answering any questions.

A couple of things that are unsettling about the whole situation. One is that there is precedence to this matter, albeit the charges had been dropped the first time around because the victim and their families settled out of court. Unfortunately, what the oppotunitistic learned from that situation is that if you were able to stike a chord of sensitivity in MJ, along with it comes an emotional instability that MJ clearly demonstrates that MJ won't and can't be bothered to endure, and that a cash payout is imminent. And yes, if your really good, you just might be able to profit from the sort of allegations he's facing -- whether those allegations are unfounded or not. He seems to have an emotionally driven personality, like a rock when things are great, and as fragile as glass when things go awry.

So as we have learned from his first bout with molestation allegations, MJ continues to speak publicly about sleeping in the same bed with children. I'm not sure this is the best thing to admit publicly. But I still can't imagine with over 150 people on staff at the ranch, that not one of those people is vested with the responsibility of videotaping his interaction with children. Even Dennis Rodman had the common sense to hire a bodygaurd/videographer to come along with him to his post-game romps. As soon as Rodman got the women to consent on video, the videographer disappeared.

Unfortunately, celebrity status brings with it a great responsibility. Some are able to handle it, and others fail. It would be a shame if MJ gets hit with these most serious charges, but whether he's found guilty or not, perhaps the experience may teach him to practice some common sense in his approach and ideas about having children walking around and sleeping at his ranch.

And the one thing that really gets under my skin -- a question that a lot of interviewers seem to be dodging -- what parent in their RIGHT MIND would leave their children on a ranch with a perfect stranger, who is known to sleep with children in the same room? Nevermind whether the guy is a pervert or not -- he's a stranger!!

I know how it feels to smile at a child on the street or in a mall, only to see the parent act as though I'm some kind of sexual devient, and pull their child away. And as ackward as that parent makes me feel, I admire that attitude in parents because after all, I'm a stranger to their kid. Children should be taught not to talk to strangers, under any circumstances. It makes me feel like [!@#%^&^] sometimes because I think "how dare that parent think anything badly about me smiling at their child?" But the reality is that there are some sickos out there, and parents need to be viglante, and reinforce those values into their childrens upbringing, no matter how ackward it leaves me feeling. And yet, it absolutely floors me when I hear that parents would STILL send their children to MJ's ranch, especially in light of past molestation allegations. To me, these are irresponsible parents whose only goal is to seek monetary reward on the backs of innocence and their own children. That to me is not only the worst choice anyone person can make, but the lowest form of humanity.

I think most of the kids who visit the ranch arrive in groups: from charitable orgs and whatnot. This kid was a special case, remember. He was very sick and possibly dying. To his parents, the Jacko experience helped save his life and gave him something to live for. If MJ crossed the line sexually at some point, then yes, cut off his balls. But Im not sure the list of sick, bad parents who have pimped their boys to the Neverland Ranch is all that long. And if this family was looking for a payoff as their motivation, they shouldnt have included the prosecutors and gone the other family's route. Unles with a convistion, they stand to collect way more afterwards in the civil suit...?

And dont forget how those mean cops locked him in the doodoo room!!

did you watch the 60 minutes interview? it seems like to me you've already judged jacko, have you already judge kobe too? what about the parents letting their children hang out/sleep over with jacko, shouldn't they be partially at fault too knowing about his questionable past with a molestation charge? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif i'm just trying to be impartial to judgement. thumbsup2.gif

What does Kobe Bryant have to do with anything?

Any parent who left their child over night at Michael Jackson's should be put in prison also.

i'm not god, are you?

I'm sorry but when it comes to child molestation you don't sit and wait for a jury to decide for you. The only reason we have for not judging is because we don't have children within 50 feet of him. If a 43 year old asked me if my kid could sleep at his house my response would not be pleasent and I would hope anyone with a child would do the same.

supa

I saw the 60 minutes interview, and the interviewer (Michael something) asked some tough questions. The kind of questions MJ better to be prepared to answer during his public inquisition. He won't have the liberty to say things like "I have been informed not to respond to this question" or "I can't take anymore of this" and retreat from answering any questions.

A couple of things that are unsettling about the whole situation. One is that there is precedence to this matter, albeit the charges had been dropped the first time around because the victim and their families settled out of court. Unfortunately, what the oppotunitistic learned from that situation is that if you were able to stike a chord of sensitivity in MJ, along with it comes an emotional instability that MJ clearly demonstrates that MJ won't and can't be bothered to endure, and that a cash payout is imminent. And yes, if your really good, you just might be able to profit from the sort of allegations he's facing -- whether those allegations are unfounded or not. He seems to have an emotionally driven personality, like a rock when things are great, and as fragile as glass when things go awry.

I believe Michael Jackson is the oppertunist, getting off from child molestation charges with money, and what he learned is that he could keep molesting children and even boast about it on TV. Did you know Michael Jackson had a hired bully (currently in prison) who threatened the first family and beat up the father when charges were first filed? They recieved death threats, were followed, had their phone tapped... on and on... and of course, you have the whole world who are going to side with the person who's music they like. People in the media reporting negative on the case even got threats from this guy, had their homes looted, etc. "Heal The World", haha! So when a pay off was offered, it seemed like the best option to the family who were scared for their lives. And MJ got to play the victim. Again. It's never him, he's just innocent and naive. So naive he hired someone to terrorise this family, than recorded a song about DA Tom Sneddon in which MJ claims Tom is a clan member and has a gunshot go off in the song. In the booklet for the album that song comes from, opposite the lyrics to the song about Tom, is a picture of a bound dead looking toy baby. Tom has kids. Subtle, eh?