• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Marvel vs Capcom 2 Demo

32 posts in this topic

On Xbox, they did the same thing with the latest Street Fighter game for Xbox Live Arcade. Kind of a lame demo...at least throw in a vs. CPU match.

Yeah, I love how they fucked over the single players out there in the world.

Like everyone has two controllers?

I have never needed two for my PS3, only for my 360.

On Xbox, they did the same thing with the latest Street Fighter game for Xbox Live Arcade. Kind of a lame demo...at least throw in a vs. CPU match.

Yeah well, from what I hear, Xbox had balls to actually include Online Play in the demo.

I hate to be an arse, but are these companies, which are giving you a free trial, really have to bend over backwards to suite everyone?

Whining about not having 2 controllers?

Saying people are getting f u cked over?

C'mon, get a grip folks.

Hey arex :hi:

How many demos do you see that feature single player?

All of them, this is the first demo I have seen to NEVER feature single play.

Why?

This cuts many people out from trying it, me included, as I would have boughten it.

Specially since I could never obtain the PS2 version.

And I am not going to go out of my way to pay $50 for a second controller, just to try the demo either.

I hate to be an arse, but are these companies, which are giving you a free trial, really have to bend over backwards to suite everyone?

C'mon, get a grip folks.

Not trying to whine about it as I don't even have a PS3, but's it's just poor marketing. They put out the demos as a means to advertise their product. This downloadable content has a pretty strict no-return policy. I used the example of Street Fighter earlier. I was riding the fence about getting it has some Street Fighter games are better than others. By not including a single-player demo where I could try and gauge the difficulty of the CPU caused me to not risk the money to download the game.

The companies don't owe us anything, but it's their best interest to provide a quality demo. All the fighting games in the past for Xbox live arcade had limited single-player capability. You could pick 1 of 2 characters and you fought whoever you didn't choose. Limited, yet it gave an accurate feel for the game. Why change a proven formula?

C'mon, get a grip folks.

Not trying to whine about it as I don't even have a PS3, but's it's just poor marketing. They put out the demos as a means to advertise their product. This downloadable content has a pretty strict no-return policy. I used the example of Street Fighter earlier. I was riding the fence about getting it has some Street Fighter games are better than others. By not including a single-player demo where I could try and gauge the difficulty of the CPU caused me to not risk the money to download the game.

The companies don't owe us anything, but it's their best interest to provide a quality demo. All the fighting games in the past for Xbox live arcade had limited single-player capability. You could pick 1 of 2 characters and you fought whoever you didn't choose. Limited, yet it gave an accurate feel for the game. Why change a proven formula?

x2

I nominate this thread for tittie suckle of the year. :cry:

As in we are complaining for nothing?

Not being able to play the demo at all is a fairly legitimate gripe imo (shrug)

To clarify - its not that I'm complaining that I had to pick a 2 player game and beat up on an un maned charatcer.

The game will not start unless there are 2 controllers plugged in and "start" is pressed on both.

I have 1 control so.. I'm S.O.L

If you were even remotely interested in this game then youve probably played it. You know you love it, you know you want it. Just download it so i whoop your azz with a fat lil cactus.

Uh, it's a demo for a game that's going to be what? $15? Even at full price, the game is hardly any sort of risk. Had they done what a lot of companies do and release NO DEMO whatsoever, they would have caught less heat. Doesn't make sense to me. (shrug)

I'll buy it most definitely, and its not like I'm trying to speculate whether or not to purchase it.

Its my favorite game, I wanted to play a couple levels with the new HD graphics and when I downloaded it, I find that I can't play it at all. Just a downer and a tease is all.

Why create a demo that can't be played on any level by 1 person?

Go play any prior version of Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and there's your workable demo. This is just a direct port of the same game, only upgraded to HD and widescreen. Gameplay and characters are no different at all...which is quite disappointing. Given the popularity of Marvel, you'd think Capcom would have cranked out 5 games since this one came out--not sure why they haven't.

Go play any prior version of Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and there's your workable demo. This is just a direct port of the same game, only upgraded to HD and widescreen. Gameplay and characters are no different at all...which is quite disappointing. Given the popularity of Marvel, you'd think Capcom would have cranked out 5 games since this one came out--not sure why they haven't.

Licensing Fees.

Licensing Fees.

Exactly...high fees due to the same popularity.

Given the popularity of Marvel, you'd think Capcom would have cranked out 5 games since this one came out--not sure why they haven't.

They don't need to spend the licensing fees when they are able to do the same thing with their own franchises. Marvel vs. Capcom is popular, but it will never be as profitable as the core Street Fighter franchise. They're probably going to be building on Street Fighter IV for the next decade, so if they make a Marvel vs. Capcom 3, they risk over-saturating the the market. That wasn't a concern before multiplayer, but now it's an issue. If they want to continue to maximize profits on Street Fighter and similar 'in house' games with wave after wave of DLC and expansion packs, they have to limit the amount of titles they put out.