• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Marvel vs Capcom 2 Demo

32 posts in this topic

Given the popularity of Marvel, you'd think Capcom would have cranked out 5 games since this one came out--not sure why they haven't.

They don't need to spend the licensing fees when they are able to do the same thing with their own franchises. Marvel vs. Capcom is popular, but it will never be as profitable as the core Street Fighter franchise. They're probably going to be building on Street Fighter IV for the next decade, so if they make a Marvel vs. Capcom 3, they risk over-saturating the the market. That wasn't a concern before multiplayer, but now it's an issue. If they want to continue to maximize profits on Street Fighter and similar 'in house' games with wave after wave of DLC and expansion packs, they have to limit the amount of titles they put out.

MC3 would be money in the bank here in the USA the problem is Japan is still SF strong and really dont like MC2 as much.

The best players on the world for MC2 are USA and SF are overseas.

Kinda of like how it used to that the best Tekken players in the world were only from Korea.

We bought a wii just to hax it and play capcom v tatsanuko to get a new Vs fix. I think a new Vs would go over well here in the states as i know at least 3 other ppl that did the same. SF4 is ok but the timing combos are a lil meticulous for my taste, comboing jab/med shouldnt be harder than EX cancel dash combos imo.

SF4 is ok but the timing combos are a lil meticulous for my taste, comboing jab/med shouldnt be harder than EX cancel dash combos imo.

Aw, that's pussie talk. :baiting:

Seriously though, yeah, there's a learning curve, but it feels really good once you start to get the hang of it.

I am selling my SF IV for PS3 right now as we speak on eBay.

Dude, you suck. You should have at least let me school you for a few rounds before giving up. :frustrated:

I am selling my SF IV for PS3 right now as we speak on eBay.

Dude, you suck. You should have at least let me school you for a few rounds before giving up. :frustrated:

Sorry, do you have Tekken DR?

We can play each other on MC2 and Tekken 6.

Not to derail my own thread but

Anyone with SFIV, Killzone 2, or will be getting MvC2 for the PS3 is welcome to add me to their buddy list on the PS network.

find me at Drakeprimeone

just put that you are from the boards

PSN ID: advocate918

Hit me up for some SF IV! I have KZ 2 but I haven't really tried it yet.

PSN ID: advocate918

Hit me up for some SF IV! I have KZ 2 but I haven't really tried it yet.

As far as shooters go its great. Its pretty much the only one I have taken to that isn't keyboard/mouse.

I'm off the next couple days so I'm sure I'll be playing some SFIV