• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High is BUYING!

123 posts in this topic

The latest Chuck-o-gram says that MH is running out of comics and wants to buy everyone's books. Chuck put up a buy list with prices.

I thought they were called "Mile High" because of their mark-up over guide prices, and figured this might be a way for people to sell their books back to him at a modest 2x guide. However, they should change their name to "Mile Low" based on the fractions of guide they buy at.

Here's an example...

Fantastic Four #1

Chuck's sell price = $17,500 that is discounted to $6,650 in "Good" condition.

Chuck's BUY price = $250 in "Good" condition. Hell, the buy price is only $8,200 in "Near Mint".

:roflmao:

That's a 2600% mark up to his discounted price!

Here's the Buy List!

Have fun.

I think you'd all be able to finally come to terms with Chuck if you just understood that the name of his company refers to his overall state of sobriety, and NOT a geographical location.

hm

AMAZING FANTASY (1961) Fair Good V. G. Fine V. Fine Near Mint

15 $500.00 $1,000.00 $2,000.00 $3,500.00 $10,000.00 $20,000.00

wow $20k for a 9.2 AF 15... What planet is he on???

hm

AMAZING FANTASY (1961) Fair Good V. G. Fine V. Fine Near Mint

15 $500.00 $1,000.00 $2,000.00 $3,500.00 $10,000.00 $20,000.00

wow $20k for a 9.2 AF 15... What planet is he on???

I bid $20,001!

:takeit:

"Chucks grading standards" is an oxymoron, so I can't read the link. It's kind of like how the Indian's couldn't see Columbus' ships.

:screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

Please Note: Prices are subject to change without notice

since we may get large quantities of any given title or issue.

These are the Rules!

All prices listed are what we will pay you in cash!

In most instances we will give you 150% of the price in trade for our comics, but no codewords are allowed.

Please double check you grades! Our grading is very strict. We regrade comics when our grading disagrees with yours, and adjust your payment accordingly. We always try to give you the benefit of the doubt, but if you can't handle us regrading your comics if we feel it necessary, please don't send us your books. We would rather not enter into a deal you would be unhappy with.

You MUST include an alphabetical and numerical invoice. Keep a copy for your records. Then pack your comics in the same order as your invoice (!!!). With your invoice please include your name, phone number, mailing address (to mail your check), and e-mail address.

Unless you are sending more than three (3) copies of any one issue, there is no need to write or call first. For pre-approval on multiple copies email Pam Brandle at pam@milehighcomics.com.

Please package your comics well. We are not responsible for comics lost, delayed, or damaged in transit.

We reserve the right to terminate this offer to buy any or all titles at any time. This buying list will be revised frequently, so take advantage of these offers quickly.

Our mailing address is: Mile High Comics, Attn: Pam Brandle, 2151 W 56th Ave, Denver CO 80221. Please include your full name, address, a contact number or email, and invoice.

If you have a question or concern, you can call 1-800-676-6423 (Monday - Friday 8am-5pm (MT)) and ask for Pam Brandle. You may email us as well pam@milehighcomics.com. Or, fax us 303-477-5315.

Please Note: Prices are subject to change without notice since we may get large quantities of any given title or issue. If we are flooded with collections, we may suspend our entire Buying Program without notice.

4. You MUST include an alphabetical and numerical invoice. Keep a copy for your records. Then pack your comics in the same order as your invoice (!!!). With your invoice please include your name, phone number, mailing address (to mail your check), and e-mail address.

Yeah. I'd hate for you to confuse the person at receiving. Anything out of order and they'd probably just rake your books off in a dumpster and go to the next box.

I just hope they open your box from the top, else you're screwed. :eek: