• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Promo Quick Bunny meets Superman Rare in HG ???

8 posts in this topic

I think this has to be a rare copper book in high grade.

I had originally sent away for two of them, within weeks of each other back in the 1980's.

Each one came in an plain, flimsy, manilla envelope with an Action #1 reprint , newspaper stock.

Both were a bit thrashed, at least the Action # 1's were. I remember I put both of them under a stack of encyclopedias for about a year.

On the first Quick Bunny Meets Superman I received a 9.6, nice, but a bent corner.

And on this one I got a 9.8!! Of course I'm flaunting, but not selling this. It's just too funny!

quiksuperman98426.jpg

I think this has to be a rare copper book in high grade.

I had originally sent away for two of them, within weeks of each other back in the 1980's.

Each one came in an plain, flimsy manilla envelope with a Action #1 reprint , newspaper stock.

Both were a bit thrashed, at least the Action # 1's were. I remember I but both of them undeer a stack of encyclopedias for about a year.

On the first Quick Bunny Meets Superman I received a 9.6, nice but a bent up corner.

And on this one I got a 9.8!! Of course I'm flaunting, but not selling this. It's just too funny!

quiksuperman98426.jpg

I have one of those books in Raw form

Do you think it's above a 9.4?

My action #1 that came with the item,wouldn't even pass a 9.6 pre-screen.

very possible

allthough i'd have to find where I put it

Here's my copy. I haven't looked at the census but giveaway's often become some sort of factory find. So those given away are thrashed and then the factory find has a bunch of 9.8 types. Don't know if that happened here though.

Ed

scan0026.jpg

Thanks.

Yeah, good point.

Looks l like most copies got thrashed during the mailing.

The other thing, I might be one of the few who are crazy enough to get this type of slabbed....

Which might account for why the census is low.

9.8's are tough even from a warehouse find. I know mine isn't a 9.8. That's why even "crappy" books like this still sell for $40 or $50 in grade. I'm not sure mine would get $5 here or on ebay.

Thanks.

Yeah, good point.

Looks l like most copies got thrashed during the mailing.

The other thing, I might be one of the few who are crazy enough to get this type of slabbed....

Which might account for why the census is low.

I don't think I would slab one but I love these type of promo books and will often pick them up when I come across cheap ones.

Earl.