• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I slab these???

14 posts in this topic

I have quite a few of these late silver age books that are in very nice shape. I'm thinking of putting some up for sale, but was wondering if they are worth slabbing first? I think most of these books are fairly common, so I'm not sure it would be worth it. What do you think?

Here are a few examples...

348833-DD53.jpg

348833-Iron-man-11.jpg.e282343277bcb58ffd18f7aaaff9767e.jpg

There is always someone with a want list looking to complete a run.

Like me! grin.gif

Do you have any of these Fantastic Fours?

Silver: 11 (VGF) 22 (F)

Bronze: 121 (VF+) 142 (NM-) 152 (NM-)

Hulks?

110 (VF)

123 (VF+)

I found the #123. It looks nice, but has a very faint crease lower right corner of the front cover. Still a nice book with bright colors and off-white pages. But may not be a high enough grade for you.

350048-Hulk123.jpg

350048-Hulk123.jpg.30a76ce892184bc445090a9940a4b063.jpg

It's very close.

Probably a straight VF.

That printers crease and the large amount of white showing on the spine just keeps it below my desired grade.

So close... frown.gif

Thank you for going to the trouble of scanning the book.

If you are selling:

eBay has not been a good place to sell Hulks this last 6 months.

Great for buyers...

I've bought about 100 or so from 102-170s (some dupes) for as little as 30% of guide to 50% of guide.

And these were mostly VFish and even VF-NM books too!

Fantastic Four is doing great right now! thumbsup2.gif

DareDevil- Can't say cause I don't sell/buy then.

looks nice, but to be frugal with your money, slab only books that you think would get 9.0 or better. if they are keys you can drop down to 8.5.

I have to somewhat disagree here. I wouldn't consider slabbing these unless you think they could get a 9.4 and at least Off-White to White pages.

The Daredevil looks pretty nice (maybe a 9.4), but if gets a 9.2 you won't get $50 and you would have spent $30 to get it graded (and two months wait).

Look at the books carefully, and if you can't see any flaws (i.e. corner creases, spine stress, etc) except for production flaws (i.e. printer creases, mis-cuts), then you should submit to CGC.

Just my opinion.

PS - Nice books and there are plenty of people who would want them.