• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Trek in-jokes/continuity (Spoiler Alert)

65 posts in this topic

How many in-jokes and/or original series continuity elements can the forum Trek-heads identify? Some were obvious, like Captain Pike; other maybe not so obvious.

One question I had was who was the kid young Kirk passed on the road while driving his step-dad's car?

My favorite was when Kirk finally took the bridge in his new/old unifrom and said something totally Shatnerish...forgot what it was but it was a subtle yet definative handing over of the Star Trek torch... :applause:

My favorite was when Kirk finally took the bridge in his new/old unifrom and said something totally Shatnerish...forgot what it was but it was a subtle yet definative handing over of the Star Trek torch... :applause:

"Where are all the green women when you need them?"

Didn't see it yet but all I want to know is if Finnegan is in this movie! (shrug):wishluck:(worship)

Well...he did have a tormentor...not sure if it was Finnegan...

Did the tormentor call Kirk a pleb? lol

Didn't see it yet but all I want to know is if Finnegan is in this movie! (shrug):wishluck:(worship)

Well...he did have a tormentor...not sure if it was Finnegan...

Did the tormentor call Kirk a pleb? lol

(shrug)

Now I have to go see the movie again... doh!:applause:

Yikes!!!...how could I forget the best original series continuity element?!?!?!... the thing that set Kirk apart from everybody at Star Fleet... doh!

The Kobeashi Moeuru (sp?).... :applause:

Yikes!!!...how could I forget the best original series continuity element?!?!?!... the thing that set Kirk apart from everybody at Star Fleet... doh!

:gossip: That whole thing was dreamed up for STAR TREK 2, it was never in the original series...

:gossip: That whole thing was dreamed up for STAR TREK 2, it was never in the original series...

Busted... :eek:

...but it was only breifly mentioned as Kirk's finest Star Fleet accomplishment...It was expounded upon in this movie... :grin:

Busted... :eek:

...but it was only breifly mentioned as Kirk's finest Star Fleet accomplishment...It was expounded upon in this movie... :grin:

(shrug) The movies are part of the original series continuity.

Or am I out of the "Trekker" world on that one?

the_Greatest ,

It's so funny reading your signature line, I just finished reading "How the west was won" not too long ago, I took it for a class, along with "Frontiers" by Hine and Mack, what a small world we live in...

Without getting off track...I can't wait to see Star Trek!!

the_Greatest ,

It's so funny reading your signature line, I just finished reading "How the west was won" not too long ago, I took it for a class, along with "Frontiers" by Hine and Mack, what a small world we live in...

;)

It occurs to me that line was probably quite not as unintended as I would like to believe.

Screenwriters were pretty cagey, even 50 years ago.

50 years ago, in movies, you had white actors painted in red faces, riding a horse, and saying: "How..white man..what you looking for?"