• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Trek in-jokes/continuity (Spoiler Alert)

65 posts in this topic

I decided not to be bothered by any of that & to just allow myself to be entertained; which I was -- a lot.

So was my wife & she has never seen a single thing related to Star Trek for more than 3 minutes a pop.

For the record I'm a real deal fan of the OS & the first 2 movies -- I know the titles to all the OS episodes, can quote dialog at length, & all that nutty stuff.

I decided not to be bothered by any of that & to just allow myself to be entertained; which I was -- a lot.

So was my wife & she has never seen a single thing related to Star Trek for more than 3 minutes a pop.

For the record I'm a real deal fan of the OS & the first 2 movies -- I know the titles to all the OS episodes, can quote dialog at length, & all that nutty stuff.

Funny yo..you can quote "The nutty stuff".. :roflmao: he said Nutty stuff!!

The only (small) problem I had with the movie was Spock's romantic relationship. Didn't seem to fit.

Why?

The original Spock was always unemotional and detached. Having a romance with a fellow crew member would be unprofessional.

He is half human you know!

Notice he didn't pursue it until after Vulcan was destroyed. I think this is one of the changes caused by the change to the timeline.

I just saw this today and it is now my favorite movie of all time. I'm amazed they managed not to destroy all the prior continuity Trekkies have enjoyed and still do a fresh "reboot" of the franchise. Literally my only problem was Spock didn't need to say anything to initiate a mind meld.

What a great film. I was SERIOUSLY skeptical about this, but truly a great movie.

-Rob-