• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Publishers mistakes or hidden variants?

3 posts in this topic

without you knowing you could be sitting on a bunch of variants or publisher mistakes. does this make these comics any more collectible? and have cgc picked up on them when they are submitted for slabbing. heres two I know of.

30 days of Night: 30 days 'Til Death #2, published Jan 2009, but flick open the cover & check out your publishing date, it reads Jan 2008. not sure if this is on all of them or only a few.

The only other one I know of is Batman #682 variant. (the one with the big joker face) again flick that puppy open & on the back fine print, mine reads 2nd printing. I know they do 2nd printings of the regular issues but of the variant? anyone find anything else? hm

Avengers #77 Newsstand Error

avengers77.jpg

DM copies have the 50 cent logo. Newsstand copies do not. This copy apparently was printed before the logo was entirely deleted and not too many made it to market based on the number you see for sale...

Jim

without you knowing you could be sitting on a bunch of variants or publisher mistakes. does this make these comics any more collectible? and have cgc picked up on them when they are submitted for slabbing. heres two I know of.

30 days of Night: 30 days 'Til Death #2, published Jan 2009, but flick open the cover & check out your publishing date, it reads Jan 2008. not sure if this is on all of them or only a few.

The only other one I know of is Batman #682 variant. (the one with the big joker face) again flick that puppy open & on the back fine print, mine reads 2nd printing. I know they do 2nd printings of the regular issues but of the variant? anyone find anything else? hm

My Batman #682 variant says second printing too. I can't prove it now as it's in a slab.

I'll have to go check my 30 Dyas 'Til death though now...