• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

does this tomb of dracula 10 look trimmed? opinion of grade?

3 posts in this topic

Impossible to really say from just a scan, but the right edge does look wonky. I would just pass if you have reservations and find another similar condition copy elsewhere.

It is impossible to tell from a low res scan whether the comic was trimmed post production, or trimmed to much during production.

Many board members here will tell you that only post production trimming is bad, but I can't help but feel if you get less of a comic, no matter who's fault it is, you are still getting less of a comic. Marvel does not own the exclusive rights to a professional trimming apperatus and a full sized high grade comic can always be slightly trimmed with little or no sign of the work having been done. I recall having purchased comics in the early 80's that Gerry Ross had trimmed in the 70's, so looking for signs of age on the edge doesn't always pay off.

When a comic does not measure the full correct size I treat it as a defect.

Pass on this one unless the price is really good.