• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holy Wall Books, Batman!

27 posts in this topic

I hate going in dusty azzed comic shops that are unorganized fire hazzards, and behind the counter are the wall books. They are all faded to the point that they are unrecognizable without actually reading the title and issue number, and THIS BOOK is dead center, unsold for the past 25 years because the dealer wants 60x guide for it.

It breaks my heart to see these. :cry:

"BUT BOOK STILL IS STRUCTURALLY A VF+ 8.5 OR VFNM 9.0"

Not from the scan, it's not...probably a 7.0?

With the fading? Lucky to bag a 4.0, I'd say.

$500? hm

My arse.

Exactly what I thought. And I'd rather have a 4.0 with spine stress, a bent corner and that wonderful red background.

I know a seller who had a Giant Size #1 graded 8.5(I think, might have been an 8.0) that was faded like that(old label). I mentioned it to the seller that he should go show it to CGC and that they would probably buy it from him to get it off the market. They did (actually gave him 24 modern submissions) and who knows where the book is now.

I would think if you submitted that book now it would get absolutely hammered, as it should. Personally, I would grade it at 2.0. I would rather have a 3.0 with good colors than that book.

Very Fine +

doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh!

You guys are nuts, It's a VF+ all day long.

Very Faded + :insane:

CGC 4.0

Structurally it's much higher, and I do think they hammered it a bit too hard given the other "faded" books I've seen in CGC holders.

Nice $30-something buy, though. (thumbs u

Yeah, for $30, it's a steal. (thumbs u

As I said earlier, I think I'd personally give a top-line of 4.0 on a book with that amount of fading, with additional deductions based on the structure.

It was sold on EBay, sight unseen, with a "guaranteed a 4.0" as the text listing, so I took a shot.

No matter what CGC puts on the label, it's an ultra-cool book that I'll probably never sell. Everytime I post it, I get PM offers. :insane:

I hate going in dusty azzed comic shops that are unorganized fire hazzards, and behind the counter are the wall books. They are all faded to the point that they are unrecognizable without actually reading the title and issue number, and THIS BOOK is dead center, unsold for the past 25 years because the dealer wants 60x guide for it.

Totally. I so know what you mean. :frustrated:

The only thing that would make this book more heartbreaking would be a small horizontal spot of red background...i.e., the spot where the (ridiculously high) price tag prevented it from fading.

Yeah, for $30, it's a steal. (thumbs u

As I said earlier, I think I'd personally give a top-line of 4.0 on a book with that amount of fading, with additional deductions based on the structure.

It was sold on EBay, sight unseen, with a "guaranteed a 4.0" as the text listing, so I took a shot.

No matter what CGC puts on the label, it's an ultra-cool book that I'll probably never sell. Everytime I post it, I get PM offers. :insane:

I'd love to see the grader's notes for it. Have you ever gotten them?

Just think what a little UV film could have done... meh

:insane: