• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: OMFGIH!

61 posts in this topic

Dell does the same thing.

From what I remember you can only purchase ink cartiages directly from Dell which is really expensive and Dell normally does sell them but gives them away for free.

I did not know that Dell put chips on the cartiages as well. Good to know because with the chip on it you cannot refill them. (thumbs u

I have a cheap Epson at home, and if one cartridge runs out you can't print at all, even if you choose black ink only in preferences and have plenty of black ink.

Yep, that the chip built into the cartiage that I read about. Great way of screwing over the consumer.

I would like to personally thank Dice for this thread. It really has made my day. lol

You, sir, can kiss my azz. meh

don't worry too bad there dice...

I bought a new printer a few months ago and thought the same thing.

I checked the inventory list and yep no cable was on the manifest.

Junk, I tell you!

I don't care if it has been 6 years since my last printer...

This almost urks me as bad as when you go to the drive through for a greasy fast food meal

and they don't give you any napkins! One time I checked my bad and almost pulled that

little drive thru geek through the window for not giving me any napkins,...

what is this a F'n joke!

:sumo:

My box had the same thing. You'd think after my...incident...a few weeks ago, I'd learn to read the box before I buy anything.

I bought a DVD, got it home and put it in the player. The title screen pops up and, to my complete disbelief, the title is in Spanish. I checked the settings on my DVD player, and my TV, to find nothing out of the ordinary. Play the movie, and sure e--nuff, everyone is yacking in Spanish. So I put it back in the case and drove all the way back to Wal-Mart to return it.

I get to the counter and the girl says she can't give me a refund because it's open. I said "That's because it's English on the outside, and Spanish on the inside. I didn't know it was in Spanish until I hit the play button." She says it doesn't matter. They can't refund money if the movie is opened. I asked to speak to the manager, which took her 10 minutes to convince one to come to the service desk. He got there and told me the same thing. Then he starts looking at the DVD case, and there at the bottom, in liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bitty text, it said that the movie language was *forking* Spanish.

So then he tells me I should have read the box because it said it was in Spanish, right there, plain as day, and I get no refund. So I took the movie and sailed the case like a frisbee about 200 feet somewhere into the middle of the damn store, and told him he could keep mother *forking* Spanish movie, and be glad I didn't stick it sideways up his big fat azz.

I really thought I was going to kill someone before I could get out of the store. :frustrated:

So I took the movie and sailed the case like a frisbee about 200 feet somewhere into the middle of the damn store, and told him he could keep mother *forking* Spanish movie, and be glad I didn't stick it sideways up his big fat azz.

I am sure it didn't make up for anything, but that had to have felt good!

Yes. It worked. Luckily I only had to print out 30 pages of text. I might need to buy a new cartridge before I print anything else. :eek:

I believe a couple of thread participants here have anger management issues. hm

Not the first time I've been told that. hm

When was the last time you bought a printer? No USB cable has been standard for years. (shrug)

Dude, I think the last printer I bought had a parallel cable. :frustrated:

Parallel Universe hm

He should be placed in the same corner of hell as the guy who decided on the cellophane wrap for CDs.

And that stupid sticker on top of the jewel case that takes forever to peel off, even when you pull at the "Pull Here" point! :frustrated:

Pro Tip: After you remove the cellophane (by scoring it with scissors along an edge of the jewel case), lift up the bottom hinge and flip the cover upward. The sticker can then be peeled off quite easily.

Too late! Its iTunes for me nowadays. And the recording industry wonders why CD sales are down every year... (thumbs u

Not because of iTunes lol

My box had the same thing. You'd think after my...incident...a few weeks ago, I'd learn to read the box before I buy anything.

I bought a DVD, got it home and put it in the player. The title screen pops up and, to my complete disbelief, the title is in Spanish. I checked the settings on my DVD player, and my TV, to find nothing out of the ordinary. Play the movie, and sure e--nuff, everyone is yacking in Spanish. So I put it back in the case and drove all the way back to Wal-Mart to return it.

I get to the counter and the girl says she can't give me a refund because it's open. I said "That's because it's English on the outside, and Spanish on the inside. I didn't know it was in Spanish until I hit the play button." She says it doesn't matter. They can't refund money if the movie is opened. I asked to speak to the manager, which took her 10 minutes to convince one to come to the service desk. He got there and told me the same thing. Then he starts looking at the DVD case, and there at the bottom, in liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bitty text, it said that the movie language was *forking* Spanish.

So then he tells me I should have read the box because it said it was in Spanish, right there, plain as day, and I get no refund. So I took the movie and sailed the case like a frisbee about 200 feet somewhere into the middle of the damn store, and told him he could keep mother *forking* Spanish movie, and be glad I didn't stick it sideways up his big fat azz.

I really thought I was going to kill someone before I could get out of the store. :frustrated:

(worship)

Whoever the guy was that came up with selling new printers and NOT INCLUDING A USB CABLE IN THE BOX should be hit in the marble bag with a hammer.

I hope you have some disease that prevents you from breeding, you fat tub of mess!

:frustrated:

rantrant

+1

I was able to use the old one when I bought my new printer late last year.

:luhv:

:luhv:

God, that's funny. My side hurts. :roflmao: :roflmao: