• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Block illiterate eBayer "dharry358" - eBay needs to go out of business

396 posts in this topic

Hello.

I listed, and sold two nice ASM CGC's. The Buyer, dharry358, kept after me to give him tracking numbers FIFTEEEN MINUTES after he pays on PayPal.

The ASM 100 shows the first Q's, which I was smart enough to post so all could see the Q and A's.

Apparently this was not good enough; he did not like the answers I gave him.

Now he slams two negative feedbacks on me.

I just got off the phone with eBay Power Seller line, and you guessed it - the standard "yadda yadda yadda" they cannot fix this.

Does not matter that my eBay fees are several hundred dollars EVERY MONTH.

Does not matter that I used to spend 5K and more EVERY MONTH since 2000.

Does not matter that it is Sellers like myself that pays their bills and keeps them in business.

This recent change that the Seller cannot leave a Buyer a negative feedback WILL BE the undoing of FeeBay, especially turning off people with the means that some of them do have.

eBay will NEVER get anymore fees off my higher graded CGC stuff - that is what Comic Link/Pedigreee is for.

So I did tell eBay that I will continue throughout 2009, then that will be it. They did not care.

If ALL Sellers had the nads to quit eBay, they would go out of business.

eBay needs to go out of business.

Consumerism.com, Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times, someone will pick up this petty but important story.

The story is this: eBay does NOT care about the Sellers. eBay has continued to insult users and it is obvious that they have lost business the last few years; the recession( depression) is not helping any. Imagine any Judge in any Court of Law, telling both parties to "contact each other and work things out". While someone like me would relish the wild, wild west days of old where I could retaliate against insulting loudmouths with unconscious death-wishes wasting our precious oxygen, that system would not work; the Judge has to choose a side to make a wrong as right as s/he can.

eBay needed a viable competitor to keep them honest. That competitor, Yahooo!Auctions, closed up shop and gave up too soon.

eBay can still fail( see General Motors).

My Xmas wish list is for eBay to finally fail. They have served their purpose and because they " do not want to get involved" with righting wrongs about Seller's reputations, I no longer want to get involved in paying their fees every month. Sounds like a fair fight to me.

CAL :sumo:

That's the only caveat - there isn't a real competitor for eBay out there.

I agree with most everything you say, and have more complaints. What about the "landlord" (eBay) telling the renters (us) what payments we can and cannot accept? Would anyone do business with someone in the real world if they acted like this? And it's bad x2 when eBay OWNS the only preferred payment method. Most people see this as a monopoly, and that's not even legal in the USA.

I could go on, but won't. I just wanted to show one more example of why I agrree with what you are saying here.

-slym

That's the only caveat - there isn't a real competitor for eBay out there.

I agree with most everything you say, and have more complaints. What about the "landlord" (eBay) telling the renters (us) what payments we can and cannot accept? Would anyone do business with someone in the real world if they acted like this? And it's bad x2 when eBay OWNS the only preferred payment method. Most people see this as a monopoly, and that's not even legal in the USA.

I could go on, but won't. I just wanted to show one more example of why I agrree with what you are saying here.

-slym

great follow-up post!

Yahoo!Auctions actually had the better online model, and I did manage to pick up many Fantastic Four CGC's there on the cheap, and they did not allow unreasonable feedback just because someone did not kiss the others' backside.

The DSR's are also a joke. eBay tried to fix something that was not broken. eBay broke the system themselves.

They had their day. eBay needs to die its death and get it over with. I want to urinate on their grave.

unhappy CAL :sumo:

Cal,

That's is stinks. Did he neg you before he got the goods? If so, then ebay you reverse the feedback. I don't understand how ebay could allow negs if the merchandise is as described and received without damage.

The fees ebay is now charging has stopped me from even listing these days. I am also very fearful of negs as well under the new policy.

Good luck. I would still try and speak to a supervisor to see if there is anything that can be done.

feeBay for me is a last resort, if it doesn't sell on the FS forum only sales thread first. but i've never had a problem on feeBay as a seller, i just think it's the luck of the draw. there are a lot of nutcase nerd jobs out there, and thankfully, i've never got one. :insane::wishluck:

Ebay fees = HUGE joke, esp. on the BINs! I have a DVD box set up right now, BIN for $25 with free shipping. Ebay will take over $3.50 if it sells, plus around $3 for shipping, leaves me with $18.50. Add in 35¢ listing fees (reasonable) and then what PayPal will take...

*sigh*

-slym

Cal,

That's is stinks. Did he neg you before he got the goods? If so, then ebay you reverse the feedback. I don't understand how ebay could allow negs if the merchandise is as described and received without damage.

The fees ebay is now charging has stopped me from even listing these days. I am also very fearful of negs as well under the new policy.

Good luck. I would still try and speak to a supervisor to see if there is anything that can be done.

I tried but of course that did not work.

I will try to get the Wall Street journal to pick up or "spin" something with this story.

CAL who stops at nothing when motivated( see my IMSM collection)

Why don't you quit selling now instead of waiting until the end of 2009 if you are so upset with ebay?

I promised two consignore to process some raw stuff and I need to keep my word.

CAL :busy:

Auction link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220401966082

Posted question:

"hi im interesterested in sevveral of your items. mostly the amazing spiderman issues. if I would bid of more then one and win more then one comic do u do some kinda of savinings on shipping? also will you be listing mroe silver age spiderman cgc graded soon aswel? please get back to me thankyou"

Wow, that's one that should be saved for posterity.

Negative feedback:

"Seller seems to have an aversion to courteousness!! ASK SIMPLE Q., get SARCASM-"

"AGAIN, SELLER SEEMS TO THINK BUYER IS LUCKY TO HAVE SELLER! COMPLETELY BACKWARDS"

Cal - clarify a few things:

- Did you get paid?

- Did the buyer get the books?

Man, if I had a potential buyer that spoke gibberish questions like that...he would go straight to the blocked buyer list. The guy is clearly an !di0t

In the age of the hand-held internet device I'm not sure that holds as much as it used to. I hear ya, though.

In this case the guy left coherent feedback after sending that garbled question so it's hard to say.

Man, if I had a potential buyer that spoke gibberish questions like that...he would go straight to the blocked buyer list. The guy is clearly an !di0t

In the age of the hand-held internet device I'm not sure that holds as much as it used to. I hear ya, though.

In this case the guy left coherent feedback after sending that garbled question so it's hard to say.

no, the guy is clearly an !di0t :sumo:

lol

Especially if he's ever read anything on these boards...., :screwy:

Cal,

I tried but of course that did not work.

I will try to get the Wall Street journal to pick up or "spin" something with this story.

CAL who stops at nothing when motivated( see my IMSM collection)

I wish you were motivated to quit your frikkin' whining. :baiting:

It's eBay. What do you expect? They've been screwing everyone over for years in a myriad of ways. Why do you think you'd get thru it unscathed?

You could do everything right but if you sell enough stuff, you're going to have this happen. (shrug)

Especially if he's ever read anything on these boards...., :screwy:

Excluding the Trooper's posts :makepoint:

That bidder is now blocked on my list. I haven't sold on Ebay since September '08. I had a winning bidder not pay me and all I could do is file a non-paying bidder form...but if he wanted too, he could have left me negative feedback for the thrill of it. I will only sell on Ebay as a last resort...and maybe not even then. If Ebay doesn't care, then I don't care and will do my best to take my business elsewhere.

The new rules are a joke!.