• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Block illiterate eBayer "dharry358" - eBay needs to go out of business

396 posts in this topic

Post a link - I'm too lazy to search.

He did, and then one of our fellow board members must have reported it as there was a slight protest in the end why this thread was brought back up.

Nice!

:(

Kind of par for the course around here lately, ain't it? :(

He did, and then one of our fellow board members must have reported it as there was a slight protest in the end why this thread was brought back up.

Nice!

I didn't report it.

Nice!

I didn't report it.

meh

While other sense might be questionable, the mods do have eyes. :gossip:

Nice!

I didn't report it.

meh

Are you suggesting that I am lying?

I thought it was stupid of you to bump a three-year-old thread, but I think that I have hit the mod notified button maybe once in five years and it sure as hell wasn't that thread.

Nice!

I didn't report it - Okay, Okay, I did report it. I'm a lying, dirty dog with fleas to boot. Also a nasty case of jock itch. And yes, I press all my books.

Hey, we all believe you. No worries!

:jokealert:

Finally, since when did Cal’s word become Law? He’s had a plethora of unhappy buyers.

Watch what you say or you'll get put on Cal's "list." :baiting:

Or are you already on it? hm

For the sake of Full Disclosure: Yes I am.

Although the last time he posted at length about the list, I was among those he couldn't quite remember what transgression they'd committed to be added.

lol

Quick, do something new then. :baiting:

Cal wasn't it only like a couple of months ago you wanted to be ebay's uber-seller? Now after one neg ebay must diiiiiiiiiiieeeeeee !

I'm so confused :insane:

While I definitely don't agree with some of Ebay's new policies. Especially the inability for the seller to leave appropriate feedback. When I looked at the person who posted this it is clear they have 18 negative feedbacks in total. With Ebay's new feedback system most buyers will only look at the top numbers and not investigate the person's entire feedback and never know the guy has had 18 negs (4 of which were removed.) They also would not see his remarks in response to the feedback wich are sometimes irrational or in a rude or angry tone if they didn't look to find them. I do investigate a person's ENTIRE feedback before purchasing a high dollar auction not just the years worth Ebay let's you see right off the bat. In this situation I think Ebays new way of only showing a years worth in the percentage actually makes this seller look better.

I do know however, that when I can't get a payment from someone or they reverse a charge, there is really nothing I can do. If a buyer gives me any hassle whatsoever or make me feel uneasy about dealing with them, the best I can do is cancel their bids prior to the auctions end or block them from bidding. I had a buyer once in Mexico who purchased a signed slabbed book from me. 2 days after the auction he was emailing furious his book had not arrived. which is ridiculous because it hadn't even had time to leave the US let alone get to him in Mexico. I listed a similar book and the guy blew a cork thinking I was relisting his book. and negged me. After he received the book the next day he apologized and went through the process to remove the neg. I tried to be nice and polite with him and it paid off.

I really can't sell some of my books anywhere else for as much as I get on Ebay. I also sell other items that there is just not a market for anywhere else BUT Ebay.

I was really disappointed recently when I saw how much I was paying per item for my listings. I enjoy the quick cash but on a lot of my items I am paying over 20% if you figure in the listing fee then the final value fees. Then since I have to run all my payments through paypal, they get me there too. So I end up paying them before the item goes on, after the listing is over, AND when I get paid for it. It's not like Ebay wasn't making a killing in the first place.

But the reality is I won't stop on Ebay until something better comes along. it's been over 11 years now for me and I keep on going. When the store is empty, my barn is empty, my three storage units are empty, when my house is free of clutter and I am no longer using long boxes to hold up every wall THEN I won't have to Ebay anymore and I will quit.(If I sold everything I'd be rich too lol whoo hooo)