• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First significant graded Famous Monsters

7 posts in this topic

That's entirely possible wink.gif although I thought #28 was a rare one? I'm guessing one bid, although all it would take is two bidders for it to rise quite a bit.

Dan

hmmm.... its a mid tier tough issue, part of the classic first 30, BUT its not an issue known for being that tough in grade. i think the tactic is all wrong, he should have started it a $9.95. For the 1st gradrd FM of consequence, people will be hesitant to drop the bomb since there is no precedent. I think it would climb to the high $300's if started at $9.95, but i don't know if this was the way to do it. It will be interesting to see!

I'm guessing that there will be 1 bid towards the end of the auction...From what I have seen, the FM collectors out there want these books and at least 1 of them will not let this one pass them by... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It'll be interesting to see how CGC grading affects the price structure of FMs among the rather close ended, cult-like community of FM longtime, hardcore collectors.

I wonder if an increase in value and pay price will take place among those collectors, used to paying a certain price for a certain condition, or if a new wave of investors will be drawn to FMs, willing to pay more for slabbed high grade FM mags. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif