• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cargo charges to the UK

30 posts in this topic

Anyone know any way to avoid these cargo and misc. charges for a lot of comics I had shipped fromthe USA to the UK?

All the shipping has been paid by the seller, but there is about £120 or $200 of other non tax related charges. Ouch!!

Any options here or do I have to suck it up and pay it??

We have received shipment advice details from our associates in New York in respect of 1 x Skid of Printed Matter – Comic Books. This shipment is in a Groupage container due to arrive at Thamesport 08.05.09. We anticipate that the cargo will be unpacked early next week – final details are not yet available from the Line agents.

assuming there are no HMRC Examination charges on this container the expected charges will be as follows:

UK Import THC Fees: GBP 27.50

NVOCC Charges: GBP 35.00

Import Clearance: GBP 55.00

DSC Fees: GBP 20.00

As the goods are books there will not be any Import Duty or VAT to pay on this shipment.

Once the shipment has arrived we will confirm final figures and issue our invoice for charges. These fees should be paid by BACS/internet transfer before the final delivery is made.

Depending on how much the comics cost you I'd just bend over and take it. I paid more than that to have 13 books shipped back from CGC meh

Depending on how much the comics cost you I'd just bend over and take it. I paid more than that to have 13 books shipped back from CGC meh

Holy! No wonder why people recommended a European division of CGC when that "What would you improve with CGC" thread came up. That is just tough to pay so much for shipping.

It was because I'd sent in books on two different tiers Nick. My gripe was I asked beforehand about shipping costs and was never told about the different tiers, they just charged my CC for it.

Anyway, I digress.

It was because I'd sent in books on two different tiers Nick. My gripe was I asked beforehand about shipping costs and was never told about the different tiers, they just charged my CC for it.

Anyway, I digress.

Isn't the weight the same?

Anyway, I digress.

CGC have started sending back the comics per tier, so 2 tiers means they send two packages even when they could have been sent in one and naturally they just pass this extra cost onto us :cry:

However, if you now request to combine the return shipping, they will do this but only when it's requested. I've been told they do this because it's a hassle for them to hold onto comics that are ready to be shipped for other tiers that aren't ready yet.

Anyway, I digress.

CGC have started sending back the comics per tier, so 2 tiers means they send two packages even when they could have been sent in one and naturally they just pass this extra cost onto us :cry:

However, if you now request to combine the return shipping, they will do this but only when it's requested. I've been told they do this because it's a hassle for them to hold onto comics that are ready to be shipped for other tiers that aren't ready yet.

Dave they don't combine tiers at all. I placed a note inside the box stating I had put in the payment for 13 books (11 modern and 2 economy) on the modern invoice.

Even with the request they charged me the $95 for the 11 moderns and $80 for the 2 economy. If you're going to be submitting books from over here I'd seriously only submit one tier at a time.

Sorry for derailing your thread JH.

Hey guys, as another UK collector, how much are the import duties on items from the US nowadays ?

Welcome to the boards (thumbs u

There is no tax on printed material in the UK.

"Even with the request they charged me the $95 for the 11 moderns and $80 for the 2 economy."

So, they sent them in two boxes Gav?

I've only had the moderns back so far.

"Even with the request they charged me the $95 for the 11 moderns and $80 for the 2 economy."

So, they sent them in two boxes Gav?

I've only had the moderns back so far.

Is this like, the seventh or eighth unrelated thread you've raised this little problem in, Gav? :baiting: