• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Little Help on these SA Thor

10 posts in this topic

Hello, all. While I have been collecting comics for about 30 years, all told, I just joined CS and this is my very first post. In all my years of collecting comics, I have never been able to grade anything properly. I see CGC 4's that look like 8's (to me), and 7's with stains on the covers. I have no reliable idea on what makes a book a certain grade. So, with that, I have some Silver Age issues of Thor I would like for you to take a look at.

I realize I am not providing back covers, which is my mistake, but I am only looking for a general sense at this point. Y'see, I have these books, but don't know if it is worth it to have them CGC'd in order to sell. The only guides I have to go on are the on line comics price guide and overstreet, and I have come to understand, from looking at the sales threads here, that pricing can be dramatically higher than what the guides suggest . . . or sometimes not. It's all very confusing. ANyway, I'll shut up and just post the pics.

Again, sorry no back covers, but please give me your best guess. :)

Thor 129

thor_129.jpg

Thor 130

thor_130.jpg

Thanks for your eyes and you time!

WTTB.. WAY to many book's to be graded all at once. Two at a time is plenty. Others like to put up book's as well... To get a accurate grade. You are much better off also putting up a back scan as well. Not just the front cover is used to grade a book..

Ah snap. That's a heck of a way for me to make a first post. Sorry 'bout that!

Poor form indeed. I'll modify this post to fix it.

Don't be to hard on yourself. Its really not a big deal.

SSSHHHHH! Conner we have to give the newbies a little shiet :gossip:

In the interest of proper etiquette, where are the posting guidelines for this forum? I thought it would be pasted at the top of this area, but didn't see it.

Am I missing something obvious on the forums page that has general etiquette for each respective forum?

Welcome aboard the boards.

It might be time someone actually gave you an answer rather than a hard time (don't worry, the bruises fade with time).

The two remaining books look like a 5.0/5.5 and a 6.0/6.5 (the sticker mark keeps this one from a 7.0).

I wouldn't slab these books - I don't think you'd get a return on the $ expended.