• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Price check help please.. Cap #100, prob 5.5

11 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Im really really new to comic collecting.. currently just a reader of trades and Capt. America (the current series)

Anyhow, I really like the series, so I thought I would collect Cap comics..

A store has a #100 that I would say is a 5.5 or so copy... Wondering the value. They want 60$ for it.

Thanks!

Tyler

I've seen 5.5s look like total ,and I've seen 5.5s look awesome.It all depends on how you feel about it,that was my point.Price is just a number, if it looks nice get it.Whatever makes you feel good in the end. (thumbs u

ah.. Gotcha..

I dont even own an OSPG, so I mean I really REALLY had no idea what even base value is on the book. Im being kind of cautions before taking the jump into another hobby :)

I've seen 5.5s look like total ,and I've seen 5.5s look awesome.It all depends on how you feel about it,that was my point.Price is just a number, if it looks nice get it.Whatever makes you feel good in the end. (thumbs u

I concur (thumbs u

If you're new to collecting, hold off on the purchase for a few weeks. Cap #100 is super common. I'm sure you can get and equal copy for less if you hold out, or a much better copy for a few bucks more.

I concur with the board veterans. Though just my two cents, but though Cap 100s are pretty common, they are starting to creep up in price for most grades when slabbed. High grades are really starting to pop. I picked up a couple of nice slabbed 9.2 less than a year ago for less than 400 and now last few sales have been in the 650 range. For what it's worth, the 12-month average, according to GPA, is 86 bucks.

Michael