• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sketch Cover Collection Goals Thread

271 posts in this topic

This year I really want sketch covers from:

Jim Cheung

Tim Sale

Tony Moore

as well as, if possible another Steve Epting, David Finch and hopefully Steve McNiven

Solid list! I wouldn't mind a Steve McNiven sketch myself, although I hear it's near impossible nowadays unless you're Dan Partouche. Last time I checked the dictionary, I'm wasn't. :( (Sorry, watched Anchorman earlier this week)

And thanks for the heads up, Joel. My prospects are looking grim for going to SDCC this year. When it gets closer, I may have to find a witness who wants to make some money to add a Silvestri Goblin to my collection. hm

That's what I eventually found out. However, I've heard rumors that he did a few at the retailers summit following the show... There's still hope.

Thanks for the well-wishes. Nice work on the Simon sketches.

This year I really want sketch covers from:

Jim Cheung

Tim Sale

Tony Moore

as well as, if possible another Steve Epting, David Finch and hopefully Steve McNiven

Solid list! I wouldn't mind a Steve McNiven sketch myself, although I hear it's near impossible nowadays unless you're Dan Partouche. Last time I checked the dictionary, I'm wasn't. :( (Sorry, watched Anchorman earlier this week)

And thanks for the heads up, Joel. My prospects are looking grim for going to SDCC this year. When it gets closer, I may have to find a witness who wants to make some money to add a Silvestri Goblin to my collection. hm

Raph has a McNiven too, but that was before his self imposed restrictions on sketching on anything other then paper

Jim Steranko Cap or Fury

Frank Brunner Dr. Strange

Doug Mahnke Cap and/or Red Skull..... or maybe the FF

Joe Jusko Cap

Old school Wolverine by Herb Trimpe

Joe Kubert Sgt. Rock

Some kind of Umbrella Academy by Gerard Way or Gabriel Ba

Neal Adams Cap

Tim Sale Spidey or Cap

Some lofty goals, some not so much....

Good luck with the Yu sketch, too. I managed to get 1 Spider-man from him at SDCC, but his rep said he didn't have a great time doing sketches at the show so he may only do limited sketches from here on out. He was hard enough to get before. :(

A better bet would have been to bid on 1 of the 2 Yu sketches in the Hero Initiative auctions.

Olivier will be doing some nice sketching at Megacon this year. I've talked to him about doing something really big for me at the show. I'm picking him up at the Airport and will talk about doing a sketchbook with some of the past commissions.

Now with regards to Leinil, you should really butter up to Kwan. lol. he's finishing up my Fantastic Four jam at San Diego.

The last thing I want is of course a full body J. Scott Campbell Commissions. I have a Friend that put in a good word for me so that should be in the works.

Mike

my caf

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=157

These are in no particular order, but these are what I'm looking for in 2010

1. Joe Simon

2. Herb Trimpe

3. Tim Sale

4. Tony Daniel

5. Frank Quitley

6. David Finch

7. Mark Bagley

8. Romita Sr.

9. Gene Colan

10. Neal Adams

11. Tony Moore/Charlie Adlard (I need a WD zombie sketch!)

12. McNiven

And so, so, many more....

I have art from a bunch of these guys, but I'd really like to get MP sketch covers.

Goals for 2010

Billy D Shi

Billy D Aphrodite IX

Billy D Red Sonja

Billy D Magdalena/Witchblade/Vampirella

Anthony Castrillo Shi

Mike Lilly Shi

Warren Martineck Shi

Jay Fife Shi

Jeremy Haun Shi

Morry Hollowell Shi

Brandon Peterson Shi