• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sketch Cover Collection Goals Thread

271 posts in this topic

Peter Palmer and his Green Goblin collection got me thinking that it would be good to have a thread that details everyone's sketch cover collecting goals. We could keep our eyes out for sweet books that fit into each others collections, work on some trades or deals and also point out creators that are good sketch cover producers.

I'll start: My goal is to get a sketch cover with a sketch of all of my favorite Marvel and DC characters. I have a list with 40-50 Marvel characters and I haven't done my DC list because DC won't publish a sketch cover. :cry: But I do have a Joker, a Green Arrow and a Martian Manhunter. I try to get artists that have worked on the character before and have commissioned the vast majority of my books myself. But I have bought a couple from ebay and a couple from JJ and Anthony.

My highlights:

Iron man: Bob Layton

Dr. Strange: Frank Brunner

The Thing: Keith Pollard

Iron Fist: Arvell Jones

Green Arrow: Mike Grell

Martian Manhunter and Joker: Doug Mahnke

The Vision: Pat Gleason

Captain America: Bob McLeod, Marc Wolfe

Elektra: Bill Sienkiewicz

Dardevil and Echo: David Mack

Kitty Pryde and Lockheed: Alan Davis

Luke Cage: George Tuska

Let's hear about what everyone else is putting together!

No Steranko? No Adams?

Not for me. They charge too much for what you get. I have several SS books from each of them; sketch covers are not likely in the near future.

My original goal was 100 fallen sons which I have surpassed :) but I still will continue collecting fallen sons especially those in my Wish List

I also want to

Collect 21 Snake Eyes Sketches on G I Joe #1 ND Back Covers (2 Done 19 to go)

Collect 9 Spider-man Sketches on Spider-man v2 #36 (1 Done, 8 to go)

Collect several Muppets Sketches on the Muppet Show #1 Blank (Own 24 blanks none completed yet)

Collect 9 Masters of the Universe Sketches on Masters of the Universe Blank Preview (1 done 8 to go)

Collect several more Wolverine/X-Men Sketches on Astonishing X-Men #17 Blank (6 done)

Collect a connecting Mike Oeming Sketch on two Powers #11 blank cover

and.....get a Bunch of sketches on the exclusive FloridaSuperCon blank sketch cover that is currently in the works. :)

And I think that is it for now :)

I will be pretty busy till the next blank issue comes out.

My original goal was 100 fallen sons which I have surpassed :) but I still will continue collecting fallen sons especially those in my Wish List

I also want to

Collect 21 Snake Eyes Sketches on G I Joe #1 ND Back Covers (2 Done 19 to go)

Collect 9 Spider-man Sketches on Spider-man v2 #36 (1 Done, 8 to go)

Collect several Muppets Sketches on the Muppet Show #1 Blank (Own 24 blanks none completed yet)

Collect 9 Masters of the Universe Sketches on Masters of the Universe Blank Preview (1 done 8 to go)

Collect several more Wolverine/X-Men Sketches on Astonishing X-Men #17 Blank (6 done)

Collect a connecting Mike Oeming Sketch on two Powers #11 blank cover

and.....get a Bunch of sketches on the exclusive FloridaSuperCon blank sketch cover that is currently in the works. :)

And I think that is it for now :)

I will be pretty busy till the next blank issue comes out.

:o I can't compete with you...but I like the 21 Cover for GI Joe...

My goal is collect sketches from artist I grew up with and the new talented artist out there today.

My second goal is to meet good people with the same love of the art as myself. I've collected some nice sketches and met, and have had board communications, with some real good people.

Good luck to all of us on our sketch/sig's hunts.

I have my first sketch coming. It's not on a blank, but I'm counting it.

I'd like the following:

A Flash Sketch on a Zero Hour white.

Iron Fist (Preferably on a Fallen Son or Dark Avengers)

Shang Chi (Preferably on a Fallen Son or Dark Avengers)

Doctor Who (Unless a Doctor Who blank is released, I'd like to get one of each Doctor on Man With No Name blanks. It's a bit of a Whovian joke some of you may get.... and, a K-9 or a Cyberman on a Muppet blank.)

Mike Grell (Green Arrow and a Legion character of some sort)

Frank Brunner (HTD or Man-Thing)

Keith G (Legion character)

Ethan Van S (Flash)

I'd also love some Valiant charcters, and at least one GA character as well... I even thought about a speedsters theme on the Zero Hour whites. :)

Steranko Fury or Cap, I'm flexible

Joe Simon Cap

Gene Colan Cap or Iron Man, again, I'm flexible

Maybe a Shelly Moldoff Cap would be awesome, but anything is fine.

Mitch Breitweiser Cap

Doug Mahnke Cap/Red Skull.....or maybe an FF.... hm

Steve Epting Cap

This thread is worthless without pics :sumo:

Danny these posts are about what we WANT to get done not what we have already collected, so there wont be any pics unless you want us to post the pics of the blank covers we are planning ot get the sketches on :)

Yikes! Good luck with Ditko!

Anyway, are you talking about pencilers only, or pencilers, inkers, and colorists?

Here's what I'm thinking:

My Goblins ALL have to be done on Dark Avengers. I plan to have 30 done by 2010 and I'll call the set complete when I'm at 50 graded sketches.

Sub-goal...get assistance from every witness who's active on the boards with at least 1 sketch each. Here's what I've got so far.

MutantKeys - Joe Sinnott

JonJesper - Doug Mahnke

Par2ch - Chris Giarrusso/Tom Smith

Joel Elad - Todd Nauck

NYComics - David Hitchcock

Chainnball - George Tuska

I've got a ways to go, but I think it'll be fun to see what develops.

-Adam