• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Very nice AF15 for sale on ebay...

71 posts in this topic

The listing is now gone. Anyone know what happened?

He probably got contacted by someone who either offered him a buttload of money for it if he'd end the auction, or who explained to him that they would press the book for a higher grade and the inevitably resulting higher sales price.

"Buttload" :cloud9:

Ebay removed the listing because of the types of payments he was accepting. I don't know if he had paypal down. But, the book will either be at the Comiclink Exchange or at the next auction

DK is right. The seller just emailed me and said ebay killed his auction because of the "contact me for payment options" clause. Why I do not know.

The owner of the book said he will never SELL it on ebay due to this idio-croc-of-bull and if he decides to part with it he will use C-Link.

Due to the buyer demand he experienced, he may just hold on to it.

Nope, just got word that he wants to sell the book as a 7.5 because of the pressing situation

DK, I don't understand.

He's going to get it pressed and resub it to CGC?

Or "price it to sell" as a 7.5 assuming someone can get it pressed, etc?

Nope, just got word that he wants to sell the book as a 7.5 because of the pressing situation

Buy it at GPA for a 7.5 like NOW. That book is an easy 8.0+ after a press.

I, for one, would not press it. Had an AF15 lightly pressed by Cicconi years ago and regretted it. Just did not look or feel the same.

I, for one, would not press it. Had an AF15 lightly pressed by Cicconi years ago and regretted it. Just did not look or feel the same.

Then don't have Cicconi do it. She isn't the best when it comes to pressing anyway. Nelson's press jobs don't look or feel any different than unpressed books.