• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Predict The CGC Grade

154 posts in this topic

Great thread Nik :applause:

These two are at CGC as we speak, can't find the back scans though meh

Hoping for a 6.0 on this one. F_T has a head start as he's had it in hand (thumbs u

Batman1711stSilverAgeRiddlerSmall.jpg

And this one. 6.5?

Detective400.jpg

Detective400Rear.jpg

Hoping for a 6.0 on this one. F_T has a head start as he's had it in hand (thumbs u

And this one. 6.5?

Look better, Boozie. Unless there are staple problems not visible from the scans, I'd go with 6.5 for the Bats and 7.0 for the 'Tec.

Back on track :wishluck:

Sending this one in Monday morning for a friend. Its a double cover.

I am thinking 6.5 on the outside cover and 8.5 for the inside cover

Let's see now, F+ book plus Golden Age bump plus Nik bump =

7.0? Any interior tanning on that first cover to match the sun shadow on the front? And is that a crease in the URC, or just an unusual second sun shadow line? (Hey, it ain't the contest, so I can fire away with these ???).

And this one. 6.5?

Look better, Boozie. Unless there are staple problems not visible from the scans, I'd go with 6.5 for the Bats and 7.0 for the 'Tec.

Here's hoping! :wishluck:

They've been there for over two months so I'm hoping I should find out soon...

This one's also been graded recently. First Marvel One-Shot. Off-white to white page quality, and no significant problems on the back cover:

MSH1-1.jpg

That chipping would throw me to the point of not guessing a grade. I'm useless with Marvels.

I'd take a shot at 8.0.

This one's also been graded recently. First Marvel One-Shot. Off-white to white page quality, and no significant problems on the back cover:

That chipping would throw me to the point of not guessing a grade. I'm useless with Marvels.

I'd take a shot at 8.0.

What chipping? (shrug)

Back on track :wishluck:

Sending this one in Monday morning for a friend. Its a double cover.

I am thinking 6.5 on the outside cover and 8.5 for the inside cover

Let's see now, F+ book plus Golden Age bump plus Nik bump =

7.0? Any interior tanning on that first cover to match the sun shadow on the front? And is that a crease in the URC, or just an unusual second sun shadow line? (Hey, it ain't the contest, so I can fire away with these ???).

Yes, there is interior edge tanning. The inside cover does not have the same dust shadow as the outside cover but has a small amount of edge tanning.

Normally I would have went with an 8.0 on the inside cover but upped it for the GA bump ;)

5.5 :makepoint:

Nik, when's your next sales thread? :wishluck:

I'd take a shot at 8.0.

What chipping? (shrug)

I hadn't long got out of bed with the flu, that looked like chipping down the edge :tonofbricks:

I'm giving today up as a bad job. :sorry:

Batman1711stSilverAgeRiddlerSmall.jpg

5.5 :makepoint:

:tonofbricks:

We could play this game now. Here's the scan of a raw book that has been graded by CGC. There are no significant flaws on the back cover. Off-white pages with no interior edge tanning. What grade do you think this book got?

MIS54.jpg

7.0 - 7.5

We could play this game now. Here's the scan of a raw book that has been graded by CGC. There are no significant flaws on the back cover. Off-white pages with no interior edge tanning. What grade do you think this book got?

MIS54.jpg

7.0 - 7.5

You two should read the previous page, as I've already revealed the CGC grade. :boo:

Depends on the tear at the top of the FC, the writing on it, and the overall appearance. I wouldnt be surprised to see a 6.0 either, but 6.5 seems possible.
I was damn close on that one.

It's like they used to say about pipe tobacco: Close, but no cigar.

Depends on the tear at the top of the FC, the writing on it, and the overall appearance. I wouldnt be surprised to see a 6.0 either, but 6.5 seems possible.
I was damn close on that one.

It's like they used to say about pipe tobacco: Close, but no cigar.

I had 6.0 in there. And its like we say on the CGC boards.

Should have had Nik submit it :insane: