• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Predict The CGC Grade

154 posts in this topic

We have a this week in your collection and a this week back from CGC sticky threads.

Lets change it up a little.

How about posting the book raw here first, before mailing it to CGC with your estimated grade and once it comes back, post the result.

Some will take longer then others to get back. Post GA, SA, BA, CA or MA, it really doesn't matter.

If you are a big submitter, no need to post all of them but maybe a few.

:popcorn:

We have a this week in your collection and a this week back from CGC sticky threads.

How about posting the book raw here first, before mailing it to CGC with your estimated grade and once it comes back, post the result.

Some will take longer then others to get back. Post GA, SA, BA, CA or MA, it really doesn't matter.

I love it!! There are a few of these in the PGM once in awhile. But have some more fun with it.

Do you want to take it a step further, Nik, and have a 'bought as...', 'I grade it as...' and 'CGC say'. (shrug)

Could get a bit tasty. :insane:

That would be a very interesting scenario also hm

Do you want to take it a step further, Nik, and have a 'bought as...', 'I grade it as...' and 'CGC say'. (shrug)

Could get a bit tasty. :insane:

That would be a very interesting scenario also hm

Especially if we could run book on the outcome. :whistle:

:shy:

We could play this game now. Here's the scan of a raw book that has been graded by CGC. There are no significant flaws on the back cover. Off-white pages with no interior edge tanning. What grade do you think this book got?

MIS54.jpg

This concept seems familiar... hm

Action Comics #30

Purchased as a fine-

I'll give it a 5.5

actions30and44004.jpg

Action Comics #44

Purchased as a Fine

I'll give it a 5.5

actions30and44001.jpg

Action Comics #117

Purchased as F/VF