• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Received the loveliest email today!

163 posts in this topic

Most days we receive 100+ emails, anything from payment receipts, enquiries, subscriber questions, thoughts and ideas, etc.

We also receive comments and suggestions, and yes, like any business, we receive our share of criticism. But 99.9% of the time, the criticism is constructive and has often helped us improve GPA, even when the criticism can be a little heated.

.... but.... once in a blue moon we get something pretty nasty, and in this case, the guy is also wrong on his premise. Read away:

Date: 15 May 2009 11:26:41 AM

You guys are person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bags. I thought you did real research as to the true value of comics only to find out your major "source" is f*cking eBay.

Any dumb-a** can study ebay results...

F**k off and die you loser a**holes,

Jeff McDowell

The "*" have been added by me, the email contains the full insults in all their glory.

Now I'm not one to get sensitive over anything, but "f**k off and die..."? Ouch! (shrug)

Funny thing is, looking through our records, he has never paid for our service (although he is in the system as an old trial user from many years ago) and has never attempted to upgrade. I did a Google search on him and couldn't find anything comic book related. All I could come up with was an old post back in 2003 on a motorcycle website:

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8154

Anyone know the guy and what possibly would lead him to email such a distasteful message?

For complete disclosure, I did email him back:

Jeff, your email is highly offensive and its basis incorrect. We gather CGC sales information from over 20 online venues.

Please do not email us again with offensive language.

Jeff, if you're reading this, apologies that GPA has invoked such a response from you. doh!:foryou:

I think Jeff is just misunderstood. I find his colorful language brash, yet exciting. Playful but to the point. A little cussing never hurt anyone and I would urge you guys not to fret over it.

:screwy:

+1

:gossip: BH was being facetious.

:tonofbricks:

He makes a mean repro cover. And I've personally only had good experiences via email and coverless books etc....so something must have gone haywire.

Seriously though Fedoraman (Jeff.....) No one should be sending hate email likes that. Practice a little self censorship. This kind of thread isn't good for anyone except the board comedians......and they can be brutally funny or not depending on the day.

I was going to start a new show and tell thread today, but there's no way I want to compete with this diatribe of emoticons and frustration.

Character is revealed most when we think everyone else isn't watching....