• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody want 19K books bronze copper to 1993ish for 5K?

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Have a nice widowed lady in the midwest has about 19,000 bronze to copper age, maybe some modern? ends about 1993. Also has 700 scattered silver to late silver, low to mid grade nothing great,

I have a list I can email to anybody on the 700 books, as far as the 19,000 yeah its .

Is 5,000 fair?

Brian :popcorn:

No. If the books are mostly late 70's to 1993, and not high grade, they're not worth 25+ cents each. Outside of putting completed runs together, you're not going to get 25 cents a book even selling them in small lots on eBay.

A far more fair price for the buyer would be about $1,000-$2,000. Unless there are major high grade keys, like Spidey #238, 300, X-Men Byrne, etc.

I bought 54 long boxes last year, same type of stuff (sans all X-Men, Spiderman, keys etc.) for an average of $13.50/long box. Assuming 250/box, that's about 5+ cents a book. The beauty of this lot was that it contained just about everything else, including nearly a complete run of Jonah Hex, with almost every post 1981 issue in VF/NM or better. Lots of random non-sought after, but rare, books, like Oz/Wonderland War #1-3, etc. Full runs of Arak, Arion, Warlord, all in VF/NM or better grades.

Even had FF #150-up, with 150-200 being about Fine average.

But no, 5K is wayyyy too much.

Back in 2001, I got 12 long boxes full of late 80's and early 90's stuff from my LCS for free!

The guys from the store even helped me load them on the truck. :acclaim:

They seemed pretty happy to get rid of them. hm

$250 for 50 long boxes? Holy Toledo

Yes, it was just about a year ago. Either Memorial day or

July 4. Young man that worked for me years ago called and

told me of the OK/sweet deal. I had a link somewhere here

celebrating all the sorting out in the garage.