• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buck Rogers Sunday Sections Plus HC & Others Including 1942 Superman !

46 posts in this topic

A little bit different offering today!

Shipping starts at $6 in US, foreign shipping TBD(PM if quote needed).

EDIT: Full Sunday page may cost more for shipping due to size.

I accept unconditional :takeit: via post or PM, timestamp wins.

Please do not edit :takeit: posts.

I accept Paypal, checks drawn on US banks, US money orders(sorry, no international MOs) US Cash, payment expected within 7 days of invoice. Money back if you feel they are not as described, please return within 7 days of receipt.

First batch is a bunch of complete 1937 Sunday Magazine inserts(tabloid size) with Buck Rogers back covers in full color. 1st one coming up!

January 10, 1937 Pueblo Star-Journal & Sunday Chieftan section $20

Arthur Crouch front cover iilustration, 24 page section. Article on movie censorship(with pics from "Ecstasy"), ping pong article, ski fashions, full page Ripley's Believe It or NotGarbo in Love article, short story & other articles. Paper quality is mostly white and very supple!

buck002.jpg

Front Cover

th_buck001.jpg

January 31, 1937 Pueblo Star-Journal & Sunday Chieftan section $20

Jimmy Stewart article, lots of articles, game page, stories, full page Ripley's Believe It or Not, fashion, short story. Paper quality is white to offwhite, light stain right edge. (pic is a little blurred :eek:)

buck004.jpg

Front Cover

th_buck003.jpg

April 18, 1937 Pueblo Star-Journal & Sunday Chieftan section $25

Maureen O'Sullivan front cover picture, 16 page section. Articles including one on card tricks, King George/Queen Elizabeth cenetrfold pic, full page of Fun On The Range one panel comics by Reamer Keller, Claudette Colbert hair advice, short story & other articles. Paper quality white and very supple!

buck006.jpg

Front Cover

th_buck005.jpg

June 20, 1937 Pueblo Star-Journal & Sunday Chieftan section $20

Dashiell Hammett serial "The Farewell Murder" Part IV, topless Watussi girls(what is this, National Geographic??), baseball player manners, full page of Be It Ever So Bumpy one panel comics by Reamer Keller, game page, full page Ripley's Believe It or Not, short story & other articles. Paper quality is mostly white/offwhite with light water stain right edge, doesn't go into Buck Rogers comic panels.

buck008.jpg

Front Cover

th_buck007.jpg

July 18, 1937 Pueblo Star-Journal & Sunday Chieftan section $25

Ski Weld front cover iilustration, 24 page section. Article on Hitler with pic of Hitler, Propaganda Minister Paul Goebbels and his wife, Al Capone shooting article, game page, Gals and Giggle comic panel page, full page Ripley's Believe It or Not, short story & other articles. Paper quality is mostly white, small stain front cover corner crease lower right.

buck010.jpg

Front Cover

th_buck009.jpg

November 28, 1937 Pueblo Star-Journal & Sunday Chieftan section $20

Joan Crawford article, Nino Martini, game page full page Ripley's Believe It or Not, short story & other articles. Paper quality is mostly white and very supple, small tear bottom of cover.

buck012.jpg

Front Cover

th_buck011.jpg

The Collected Works of Buck Rogers HC 1969 $15

Introduction by Ray Bradbury, minor tears to DJ, minor foxing, has full color Sundays & black and white dailies, bonus stuff in back including -script of the first Buck Rogers radio broadcast, page of Buck Rogers toys pictured, a whooping 376 pages!

buck013.jpg

buck014.jpg

buck015.jpg

1941 George McManus Defense Bond full page newspaper ad $75, paper is crisp white, mounted to board and has attached acetate protection. (some glare from picture) Fantastic piece!

32706004-3.jpg

32706005-3.jpg

Introduction by Ray Bradbury, minor tears to DJ, minor foxing, has full color Sundays & black and white dailies, bonus stuff in back including -script of the first Buck Rogers radio broadcast, page of Buck Rogers toys pictured, a whooping 376 pages!

buck013.jpg

buck014.jpg

buck015.jpg

Lordy thats the price of 5 moderns, and about a bajillion more reading!

Lordy thats the price of 5 moderns, and about a bajillion more reading!

I bought two so I could read it twice, but I decided I could just re-read the one I'll keep. :insane:

I still have the copy I got as a kid nearly 40 years ago- minus the dust jacket. I recall really enjoying the read - though one of the stories ends without the conclusion if memory serves. I should dig it out and reread it .

buck013.jpg

buck014.jpg

buck015.jpg

What the heck this will make good reading on My 26th anniversary cruise Im taking with the misssus end of this month.

:takeit:

What the heck this will make good reading on My 26th anniversary cruise Im taking with the misssus end of this month.

Hmmm, maybe a straight up trade for the Red Nails set? :wishluck::baiting:

Hmmm, maybe a straight up trade for the Red Nails set? :wishluck::baiting:

:signfunny:

Superman 1/2 page Sunday June 14, 1942 #137 $15 features Clark Kent, Lois Lane & Superman in action!

superman61442.jpg

Tarzan June 18, 1933 full Sunday page $10 Hal Foster goodness! stiff board backing with acetate cover, taped around edges, not sure if paper is spray mounted to board or loose, a couple of edge tan spots at center crease otherwise paper is white!

tarzan61833.jpg

Tarzan September 3, 1933 full Sunday page $10 Hal Foster, sporay mounted to stiff board with acetate cover, nice paper with on light tanning at center crease with small piece out left border. Nice colors!

tarzan9333.jpg