• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GI Combat #87 up on Heritage....7.0 third nicest copy?

42 posts in this topic

Are these Early Haunted tank issues that scarce in high grade or is this just a non grade comic in general? Is it a good investment?

Every war and western from 1958-1962 is INCREDIBLY rare in high grade, following the trend of comics from that time period in general. That includes DC, Marvel, Charlton, etc. They are far, far more rare in high grade than their superhero counterparts.

Is it a good investment...? Good question.

Are these Early Haunted tank issues that scarce in high grade or is this just a non grade comic in general? Is it a good investment?

All tough in high grade (8.0) and higher. The book is nice because it's a 7.0, nice because it's the 1st Haunted Tank, nice because of the classic cover. Is it a good investment? I'd be happy to tell you but unfortunately my crystal ball is in the shop this week.

Andy

Is it a good investment?

Talking in general about copies of GIC 87, I would say yes, solid investment.

Talking specifically about this 7.0 copy? All depends on how much you buy it for and how long you're willing to hold on to it.

I'm guessing this copy is gonna go for BIG bucks.

What do you guys think it will end up at? The 8.0 was about 2800.00 and that was awhile ago. Heritage looks a little soft based on yesterdays results.... thoughts?

Just checked it about a minute after you. Yes, $1792.50 and counting.... :eek:

My $800 didn't last, nor did Hedge's $801, your $1100, or kagemusha7s $1500. Who's buying this book? Does bedrock have the war bug? hm

Andy